Search FSE jobs in coverage area

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
kullery

Search FSE jobs in coverage area

Post by kullery »

I just uploaded a search engine to aid FSE job searches within the PilotEdge coverage area.

MyFlightRoute - FSE Job Search

All jobs which start and end within the PE coverage are included.

Search options include:
  • by trip length
  • by departure airport (w/option to search a radius around that airport)
  • by destination airport (w/option to search a radius around that airport)
  • by text search of the cargo
The resulting job list can be sorted by "Pay" to help you find the highest paying jobs. You can also sort by the other fields.

Airports which have FBO's which are known to be owned by PE users are highlighted.

Hyperlinks to the FSE airport pages are included to make it easy to grab the job you want. Each job also has a link to the MyFlightRoute flight details page.

The data for this updates every 30 minutes so there is a remote chance that a job in the database might already be gone. If this becomes an issue, I can update the database more frequently. Open to suggestions for improvements or additional functionality.
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
Rick Stratman

Re: Search FSE jobs in coverage area

Post by Rick Stratman »

Nice form to search on

Once I start using it I am sure I will have suggestions :)

Keep It Up

BTW how where you able to get around the data feed limits?
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Holy HTML Batman! This is beautiful!

At what point will Keith buy Ken out and roll myflightroute.com into the PE family?
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
trigger_fsx

Post by trigger_fsx »

You are a legend. Thanks!
Jacques Le Roux
N841LR
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

:idea: Question. Since it appears that you have created a programmatic way (I presume a table) to flag the airports with FBO's owned by a PE member, then why couldn't that same table be used as a filter on the raw job search?
kullery wrote:For what its worth, the http://www.myflightroute.com/fse.php web page already includes a search option. Simply add "?search=XXXX" at the end of the URL

For example:
http://www.myflightroute.com/fse.php?search=penguin
Say search=^PE or some other "special" flag to denote a table search instead of a common text search?

It seems to me that the hardest part of all of this is maintaining the table of PE member airports. Which from the looks of it has already been done.

Perhaps also updating this thread (or another) with the table used to drive the function. This would give an easier way for us out here in Internet land to help you to keep the table current. Which I would suspect could end up being a true PIA of the process.

If this is too much, let me know so that I can shut up. Thanks for all that you do. This really is great work.
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Very nice, thank you!
kullery

Post by kullery »

Rick Stratman wrote: BTW how where you able to get around the data feed limits?
MyFlightRoute.com was issued a "Service Key" which is used for the data extracts. Apparently it is less restrictive then a "User Key". This only provides a bit more flexibility on frequency of use (no additional functionality), so I still had to work around some data issues.
stevekirks wrote:At what point will Keith buy Ken out and roll myflightroute.com into the PE family?
All this time I thought that I WAS part of the family.
wmburns wrote: :idea: Question. Since it appears that you have created a programmatic way (I presume a table) to flag the airports with FBO's owned by a PE member, then why couldn't that same table be used as a filter on the raw job search?

Say search=^PE or some other "special" flag to denote a table search instead of a common text searchIt seems to me that the hardest part of all of this is maintaining the table of PE member airports. Which from the looks of it has already been done.

Perhaps also updating this thread (or another) with the table used to drive the function. This would give an easier way for us out here in Internet land to help you to keep the table current. Which I would suspect could end up being a true PIA of the process.
Done, but I didn't test it very much so let me know if there are any issues. Airports are not "flagged". A simple list of FSE user names is maintained and this is checked against the FBO ownership records which are updated every morning. This can get tricky because some FBO's have a PE owner that is part of a group (i.e. L54, L64, L67). If I missed any PilotEdge FBO owners, let me know.
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

I''m having problems getting the fse.php search script to work. It seems to redirect to fseinput.php

I was attempting to use the fse.php with the search option to see a raw list of FSE jobs and then try out the PE search options. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

EDIT. I'm such a total Tard! Completely missed the check boxes on the screen. Couldn't have made it any easier if you tried. Thanks for the "eye opener".
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

Through a fortuitous turn of events (thanks BonanzaDude!) I now find myself the proud new owner of the FBO at Hansen (11CL). Now have a need to take a crash course in FBO management and PAX job creation.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5488

Question to Kullery. How do you determine IF a particular job is owned by a PE member? Is this a table and how do you handle maintenance? Obviously if this is a manual table I would like to get the ownership updated. 0CL1 and 2CA2 have also recently changed hands to stealthbob.

Further I'm looking to see which PE owned hubs make to most sense to reach out to to form reciprocal relationships with. Trying to keep the traffic within the PE community. From looking at Myflightroute it appears that KONT is not PE member controlled. Whereas KPSP is. Is this correct?

Since 11CL is a small dirt field it seems like to me that I need to limit the number of destinations so that there are enough jobs generated to fill a Barron (5). Also looking for hub location with the right distance to fly (in the Goldilocks zone. Not too short and not too long). Since I really don't understand the PAX job generation logic any "advice" would be great.

Question: When a gate is pointed to a location, are the jobs created in a single direction or is it two way?

Not wanting to hijack this thread, if there's a lot of discussion on the ins and outs of FSE job creation let me know if the follow on questions should be a new thread.

Thanks for much for the input.
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

These are some of the questions I have as well, thanks for bringing them up wmburns!

I have now restocked the FBO's with supplies to get them back open, next steps are setting them up...I assume I just edit the FBO name and decide where I want it pointed to?

Huge thanks again BonanzaDude... it's fun being part of this side of FSE.