Looking to Lease CRJ200/B200

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
Nelson L.

Looking to Lease CRJ200/B200

Post by Nelson L. »

As the title says, I've decided to take the plunge and open a new FSE Network in the Northern KVCV area - mainly just trying it out for fun seeing as the TSP network has already monopolized the PE market... Anyways, it would be a fantastic help if someone is willing to lease out a CRJ200 or a B200 for a week or two while I transport the materials over to my hub. Unfortunately, I'll need it dirt cheap, seeing as I can't afford high-payment leases and retain my "FBO-Running" capabilities (i.e. money). The closer it is to the VCV area, the better, but I'm willing to ferry from the western half of the continental US. Any help is appreciated :)
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed
Keith Smith

Re: Looking to Lease CRJ200/B200

Post by Keith Smith »

I'm sorry to hear you feel it's a monopoly. the goal was to create lots of jobs within the pe area.

if it helps, the cost of renting a plane to get the materials to the desired site is rarely a significant portion of the development cost of a fbo.

if you're interested in joining the TSP network, go for it, the more the merrier.

the added benefit is that the more people who fly in and out of the hub on PE, the more fun it is.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

btw, whether you open a new network, or open several fbos and point them at 46ca, it's a win for pe either way. Do keep in mind that you do control the playing field either way. If you point at 46ca, you will have jobs going in both directions.

As for ferrying a plane within the western half of the usa, that seems like an odd approach. I ran a rented king air from nkx to and from ca84 enough times to build the fbo in about 40 minutes. the rental cost on that king air was trivial. in other cases, i used Chinook and did it in a single run. again, cost was negligible.

in the time you spend leasing and ferrying a plane, you might have built one our more fbos with rented airplanes :) Just my opinion, of course.
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

More cost-efficient to rent? Probably. Easier to Lease (for future applications)? Definitely. Best to Buy? If you can afford a B200... And on the topic of monopolies, I was more referring to the fact that its virtually impossible to start a network in the PE service area that isn't linked to TSP - so not a monopoly "per se", but its definitely the "dominating force". Speaking of aircraft, there's a B200 on sale for 850k - might try saving up before starting the FBO, if only so that I have an aircraft to actually fly my assignments...

PS - A CRJ in the PE Network would've been nice, seeing as the only one currently is at KVGT and is system-owned - reserved for All-In jobs that pay nothing :shock:
X-Plane 10.45
kullery

Post by kullery »

Echoing Keith's point, it sure is nice to build in 1 trip. I used a Vickers Viscount (still available where I left it at 63CA - Desert Air Sky Ranch). A big iron plane that is simple to fly and available free (x-plane) on the org.

Here is a page that might help you locate available spots within the PE service area.

Good luck
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

I've been flying a ERJ-145 around to rack up some big cash from passenger jobs. It's at KNXP right now if you need some big iron. There's a freeware X-Plane 2-d cockpit version I've been using that's not too bad.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

Steve my friend, that is exactly my problem! Not high-quality payware? Not going to download it - nothing to do with the developer or product, its just that I value the higher authenticity in payware products that freeware developers simply can't do (not because of inability, but usually because of the fact that they're doing a labor of love). I've sneaked my way into a few groups with a "no charge, 60% profit" mantra in hopes of getting my own B200 a bit quicker (FBO put on hold, just need a bit more to get that B200!). Bit cheaty, but my excuse is that if I'm not flying on PE (which I usually am these days), I'd have a hard time finding random airports with the aircraft I want with the price I want with the etc... Now, I just go to where a group aircraft is and I'm off! BTW Ken, you're top 10-paying FSE jobs are killing me, seeing as I don't have an aircraft to fly them...

PS - Looking at the PEAware page for myself (6461), notice the chunk in the middle of non-stop KLAX-KVCV.... The things that money does to you ;)
X-Plane 10.45
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

For me, I wasn't going to invest in a payware plane that I was only shuttling for high passenger count. I have a 777 collecting dust if I want to simulate passenger flights with high-quality payware. Right now, I'm just feeling out FSE for what it can do for me. I'm stashing some cash so I can build and FBO, likely selling it when I'm done learning from it. Also, sometimes I get mad because there's no gas somewhere. :)
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

I'd like to buy and build an FBO in the PE coverage area, too. That link on MyFlightRoute suggests there's hope of finding one in the PE area. I'm not really sure how to get started, though. I've perused the "FBO Sales" listings in the FSE client, and I read the FSE forum section on FBO sales. And of course I need to build up my cash supply; I keep buying airplanes, so my available cash is only around $50,000. It looks like I'll need more than that to get started.
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

Probably a lot more than that to sustain a network unfortunately. Maybe Keith can chime in on what it cost him to open/grow the TSP network. I'm starting to regret bringing this up - no one steals my FBO spots..... NO ONE! :twisted:
X-Plane 10.45