Looking for a towered airport within PE coverage area

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
Keith Smith

Looking for a towered airport within PE coverage area

Post by Keith Smith »

i've rented gates at towered airports in the past, but if anyone knows of any towered airports with FBO owners that might be interested in selling, please let me know.
crum

Re: Looking for a towered airport within PE coverage area

Post by crum »

And meanwhile... how about to establish FISO/FSS position on one of those untowered airports with owned FSE FBOs?

Would be good to have at least one airfield with radio station alive. And this will have good educational value on this type of flight service for students.

Additional workload for ATC guys doesn't seem to increase much with that.
Artem Crum
EASA PPL(A) SEL, not current
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

FISO doesn't exist in US and I don't know of any Flight Service Stations based at any of the fields in Socal. Flight Service is eventually going away in the US.

Regarding the addition of workload for the controllers, having them open an independent position where there transmissions for that position aren't heard on all the other frequencies they are already working would require a second instance of the scope to be running. That is a significant operational change and not one I am willing to entertain unless it is of tremendous value. I don't see FSS being of tremendous value for this scenario.
crum

Post by crum »

Oh, I see. In Europe (and Russia) FISO position is more commonly used. Was not sure about US.
Artem Crum
EASA PPL(A) SEL, not current
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

I'm assuming that you are only interested in buying the FBO and not renting gates. If you are interested in renting gates, I did some data "mining" and came up with this list:
KCRQ KSBP KSLI

I can't find any FBO's in the PE coverage area listed "for Sale" on the FSE page. However, I did find this list of inactive FBO's at towered airports. So these may represent "future" possibilities.
KSBP KLPC KTSP KWJF
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Keith Smith wrote:i've rented gates at towered airports in the past, but if anyone knows of any towered airports with FBO owners that might be interested in selling, please let me know.
Hard to find. I have been looking for a long time.

I came so close to getting KRNM-Ramona though....grrrrrr
Lee Williams
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I had gates rented at RNM and now the FBO is closed.

I know how to find gates for rent or FBOs that are formally for sale. However, if you know of any places that aren't listed as for sale, but you know that the owner might be up for selling the place, please let me know. It would be beneficial for PE to have control of a FBO at a towered airport within the coverage area.

I used to have HHR years ago, but I let it go.
wmburns

Fullerton Mun (KFUL) listed as for sale

Post by wmburns »

I see that Fullerton Mun (KFUL) is listed for sale. Asking price is 1.5 million.

KFUL is listed as owned by a PE member (Byte Aviation - Fullerton, CA/bytemeleew). Keith, are you still looking for a towered airport in the PE area?
stevekirks

Re: Fullerton Mun (KFUL) listed as for sale

Post by stevekirks »

wmburns wrote:I see that Fullerton Mun (KFUL) is listed for sale. Asking price is 1.5 million.

KFUL is listed as owned by a PE member (Byte Aviation - Fullerton, CA/bytemeleew). Keith, are you still looking for a towered airport in the PE area?
"BonanzaDude" on the PE Forums (John Narava) picked this up.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5541
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge