37CA Warwick Aviation Now Open

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
stevekirks

37CA Warwick Aviation Now Open

Post by stevekirks »

All:

As part of my experiments with FSEconomy, I created an FBO at 37CA "Billy Joe" Airfield (AirNav) to see how operations work and get a taste of the "good life". It's a 2200 ft dirt strip and mainly there for me to grab fuel if I need it. It's just south of F70 French Valley.

Bulk fuel will be delivered in two days. There are jobs there now if someone's curious. I haven't seen it yet in X-Plane, but FSX it's a tough strip because of the length and with dirt, you don't slow down very well.

Enjoy!

Steve
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
stevekirks

Re: 37CA Warwick Aviation Now Open

Post by stevekirks »

Congratulations to FSE user Kaincus who became my first FBO customer! He/she flew in our area in Ken's Bell 407 (N7818M), starting at 46CA, then to my FBO at 37CA and finally at CA89 and home to 46CA. They weren't able to take advantage of the cheap 100LL fuel, still on sale for $1.00/gallon!

Thanks Kaincus wherever you are!
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
Alphabet Challenge
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Congratulations on your first customer, Steve :) Keep in mind, the cheap fuel really only helps if the pilot is also the owner. If someone is renting dry (a very common operation), the fuel charge is for the fuel burned, and it's charged at the system rate. If they rent wet, they don't get charged for fuel at all.

If my Baron is passing through, I'll be sure to get some gas there!
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Keith Smith wrote:Congratulations on your first customer, Steve :) Keep in mind, the cheap fuel really only helps if the pilot is also the owner. If someone is renting dry (a very common operation), the fuel charge is for the fuel burned, and it's charged at the system rate. If they rent wet, they don't get charged for fuel at all.

If my Baron is passing through, I'll be sure to get some gas there!
I didn't pay attention to the docs about fuel pricing for dry rents. When I fill up a remote airport (renting dry) I have to pick a provider so I assumed it was "buying" from that one.

So much to learn...
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
Alphabet Challenge
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

it is buying from the provider of your choice, but that bill for that fuel is covered by the owner.

the renter is billed for actual fuel burned (not what was put in the tank).
davidspreckeriii

Post by davidspreckeriii »

Hmm so this would benefit the owner in some cases... At least, does the difference go to the owner or the invisible system?

Pilot fuels up at $1.00 fuel for 500 gallons. So owner is charged $500, but pilot uses only 400 gallons. So if system cost was $4 per gallon, then the pilot (renter) is charged $1600 netting the owner $1,100 profit should that money not go into the void. Am I understanding that right?