Flying Penguin Club

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
zengei

Re: Flying Penguin Club

Post by zengei »

Thanks Peter, unfortunately if you look at it from the group's perspective there's the additional expense of the pilot fee.

In that case, using the same math you did. If the pilot fee is 90% the group basically never profits. At 80%, the optimal number of jobs for the group is 5, and it becomes a wash at 10 (the group neither profits nor loses), beyond that the group loses. As you step down the pilot fee by 10%, the peak goes up by 5 and the wash point up by 10. Or:

Code: Select all

Pilot Fee   Group Maximizes Profit    Group Nets Zero
---------   ----------------------    ---------------
90%         N/A                       N/A
80%         5 Jobs                    10 Jobs
70%         10 Jobs                   20 Jobs
60%         15 Jobs                   30 Jobs
50%         20 Jobs                   40 Jobs
40%         25 Jobs                   50 Jobs
So you're right, for the size of aircraft we're talking about, the pilot will pretty much always make more money by adding another green 1-pax assignment, however the same doesn't hold true for the group which has an additional significant expense in the form of the pilot fee, so the tipping point where the marginal income for an additional assignment doesn't cover the marginal increase in the booking fee, occurs much much sooner.
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

Ahh yes that would matter then.

I know 0 about groups so I won't give any input on that side of it (I'm in the mind set of Keith on them of "what's the purpose?")
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net
crum

Post by crum »

zengei,

If you're going to fly 1900D much, I can just lease it to you for the period you need it, and we can make an agreement that you'll pay to the group... let's say 15% from your net earnings with this plane. And no more complex calculations. Do you need it?
Artem Crum
EASA PPL(A) SEL, not current
zengei

Post by zengei »

crum wrote:zengei,

If you're going to fly 1900D much, I can just lease it to you for the period you need it, and we can make an agreement that you'll pay to the group... let's say 15% from your net earnings with this plane. And no more complex calculations. Do you need it?
I'll think about it, I'm actually more interested in flying smaller aircraft, but I wanted to try a plane in the group first and the B190 was what I had.
ridikamus

Post by ridikamus »

I just finished some late night hops with the B1900 and it appears a 70% pilot cut is still too high for that aircraft. I made great money, of course, but the booking fees just mugged the group. However, I have also come to the conclusion that I prefer the simplicity of flying a 5 passenger plane. Filling 19 seats requires too much planning. I'm going to be away for a week or two but when I return I plan to go back to flying the RT Duke. Thanks again, crum, for making this group available!
V-3 CAT-11 I-11
SoTricky

Post by SoTricky »

Hey! My name is Chris. I would like to join the Flying Penguins. My FSE name is SoTricky. I fly all the planes that you guys own except the Lancair. I am somewhat new to FSE but I have been flight simming for the past 2 years so I know what I am doing. I fly on both FSX and X-Plane 10. I hope that you accept me to your group and Happy Flying!
SoTricky

Post by SoTricky »

zengei wrote:For other X-Plane users I've made a quick scenery for L19 for the Scenery Gateway. Should be available for download once it gets moderator approval, and will probably ship in the version of X-Plane after 10.40.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/lCfzl7Q.png
If you don't mind I was going to ask, could I add on to the scenery? I wanted to add a Flying Penguin FBO into it even though it is not there IRL.
zengei

Post by zengei »

SoTricky wrote:If you don't mind I was going to ask, could I add on to the scenery? I wanted to add a Flying Penguin FBO into it even though it is not there IRL.
Feel free, but you'd have to distribute it outside the Gateway (which isn't for fantastical sceneries) and distribute it under the terms of the GPL2 or compatible license, which applies for any scenery in the Gateway.
crum

Post by crum »

SoTricky wrote:Hey! My name is Chris. I would like to join the Flying Penguins. My FSE name is SoTricky. I fly all the planes that you guys own except the Lancair. I am somewhat new to FSE but I have been flight simming for the past 2 years so I know what I am doing. I fly on both FSX and X-Plane 10. I hope that you accept me to your group and Happy Flying!
Hey Chris! Invitation sent.

For all:
I'm on long vacation right now. Not flying and unable to reply fast.
Artem Crum
EASA PPL(A) SEL, not current
ridikamus

Post by ridikamus »

crum,

The B60T is back at L19 with 0.5 hours until its 100 hour is due. I don't think I can do that maintenance since I'm not the owner or group staff, and I'm not sure what etiquette is regarding when to do 100 hour service, so I'll leave it up to you. I have plenty of other aircraft to fly and a reasonable amount of virtual money, so please don't feel you need to deal with this immediately. Thanks again for setting this group up!
V-3 CAT-11 I-11