Flying Penguin Club

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
Flying Penguin

Re: Flying Penguin Club

Post by Flying Penguin »

FSE username is Flying_Penguin and if this is still going I'd appreciate being added, if you don't mind having a member with the same name as the group :lol:
echostar7

Post by echostar7 »

I would like to join the club, FSE name: aeromatt

thanks
crum

Post by crum »

aeromatt - invitation sent

Flying_Penguin - my apologies, missed your request.. invitation sent also.
Artem Crum
EASA PPL(A) SEL, not current
Mortified666

Post by Mortified666 »

Hey

I am just kicking of my FSE career and keen to join if you guys are still kicking about. Not sure if you have purchased more planes. At this point I have the Airfoil C172, Stock Baron58, EPIC E1000, Airbus A320 and CRJ200.

In your original post, none of these planes were mentioned and haven't trolled through the entire thread to see if any of these planes have been purchased.

FSE - Mortified666

Regards
crum

Post by crum »

Sorry, none of these in our fleet now.
Artem Crum
Mortified666

Post by Mortified666 »

Ah bugger. Are there any other Organisations operating with in the PE area?

I have started my private career and made a small bit of pocket change so far. Coming to the realisation of how slow it will be before I can afford my own plane and keen to move into bigger planes then the C172. Got caught trying to fly from KSNA to KHND with 3 passengers and 40 gal of fuel and the thing just couldn't get about 5000. Ended up returning to KSNA and hiring the BE58 from then on. As much as I enjoy the C172, it is just too slow for my liking.
Anders S

Post by Anders S »

I would like to join the group.
Fse user name Anders_ach1307

But I would like to fly as N1778 as I always do on PE if that's okey with you?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Mortified666 wrote:Ah bugger. Are there any other Organisations operating with in the PE area?
There are countless planes to rent from nearly countless airports. FSE can be enjoyed as a solo rental pilot outside of any organizations very easily. Give it a try.

In fact, by flying it outside of an organization, you'll get to experience one of the beauties of FSE which is that the more efficiently you fly the plane, the more money you make on that flight. Flying for groups actually hides that fact as you're paid a fixed percentage of the job value, regardless of incurred expenses.
crum

Post by crum »

Anders S wrote:I would like to join the group.
Fse user name Anders_ach1307
But I would like to fly as N1778 as I always do on PE if that's okey with you?
Invitation sent. And yes you can use your own tail number.
But as Keith said many times, there is not so much sense in these FSE groups.
Artem Crum
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I didn't mean to be down on the group concept, but I wanted to bring it up in case he felt as though he couldn't fly outside of a group and still enjoy the system.

I've tried hard to understand the benefits of groups on FSE, but haven't had anyone articulate an argument that has the pros outweighing the cons. In every case I can think of, the group is either being too much or too little on a given flight, and the fun nuances of the game are being masked for the group participant. The only thing they get in return is access to a plane which isn't available for rent to the public. That last part would be of interest if planes were hard to come by, but thus far, I've never had any trouble finding the exact plane I want to fly at any given time within Socal, and I fly fixed wing and rotary.

My guess is what draws people to groups is an underlying assumption that "surely it adds something beneficial to the game. Flying for a group that I've worked hard to find and into which I have been accepted surely translates to a better game experience and some sort of reward for the effort." I'd argue that it doesn't. I'm very open to hearing otherwise, but so far, nothing has trumped the experience of operating flights under my own steam and seeing the rewards/failures first hand.