Aubrey Aviation opens at Ernst Field (86CL, or 17L in FSE).

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
Geoff

Aubrey Aviation opens at Ernst Field (86CL, or 17L in FSE).

Post by Geoff »

Aubrey Aviation is pleased to announce the grand opening of its first FBO, at Ernst Field, just 44 miles north-northwest of 46CA. Ernst Field is 86CL in the real world, but 17L in FSE. I've pointed its passenger terminal at 46CA. Fuel should arrive in a day or so.

https://skyvector.com/airport/86CL/Ernst-Field-Airport

The runway is dirt/gravel, but at least it's 3100 feet long. I'm using X-Plane, and it's hard to see from the air, even harder if you're using photoscenery or such; I fired up WED and made myself a few hangars so I could spot it easier. (I'll upload something better when I get time. I'll be tempted to add a simple taxiway and parking; the actual field lacks even these basics.) The toughest thing about it is that it's hard by a ridge to the east, with uneven, rising terrain to the north, and sloped terrain to the south. Basically, you're landing on the side of a hill. I've had fun trying to figure out the best way to approach and land. Even taking off can be a tad exciting.

Anyway, I hope my little strip can be of some help. It's not going to generate a lot of high-revenue traffic, but at least it's a short hop to Rancho Vallecito, and the route is scenic.
tshuff

Re: Aubrey Aviation opens at Ernst Field (86CL, or 17L in FS

Post by tshuff »

Looks great, will have to check this one out!
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

I hope you do! I see a couple of jobs have already spawned at 46CA -- two sleepy shepherds and a cheerful cowpoke need rides to Ernst.

Also, my fuel has now arrived, and I've installed a repair shop, so I'm up and running. Yay!
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Congrats, now if a miracle were to happen and other users of PilotEdge had networks.......nah, stupid idea.
Lee Williams