Cashen Airport (38CA), a 2-slot FBO, opens in Wasco, CA

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
trigger_fsx

Re: Cashen Airport (38CA), a 2-slot FBO, opens in Wasco, CA

Post by trigger_fsx »

Geoff wrote:Hey Jacques,

Heh, as it happens, I flew that very aircraft from KTOA to KCMA last night! I just bought the Carenado PC-12, and I wanted to try it out. It's very fun to fly.

So is it expected that if I take a FSE job at 46CA, I should be logged into PE?
Well what do you know, small world this FSE.... If it helps, you can fly the KCMA-KTOA-L65 run and then pick any the following jobs in the attached screenshot to 46CA:

Jacques Le Roux
N841LR
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Thanks for the replies, guys.

@Keith: OK, I'll only take FSE jobs to/from 46CA while logged into PE. That makes sense to me. I'll probably fly my Archer in so I can get used to that rather challenging landing. :)

@Jacques: Cool map! Where did you find that? I've often wished for a graphical map of what FSE jobs are where.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Geoff, you could always land on rwy 28 and departure on rwy 10 if you're not comfortable with the normal approach/departure.

I've found it helpful to sort the job list by 'bearing', then look for fields that are similar distances and then plot them on skyvector. That google map was nice, though!
trigger_fsx

Post by trigger_fsx »

Geoff wrote:@Jacques: Cool map! Where did you find that? I've often wished for a graphical map of what FSE jobs are where.
The map is generated by the FSE Flight Planner software when you do a job search. The download link can be found in the FSE forums once you've joined the FSE Flight Planner discussion group. A really neat piece of software.

Cheers
Jacques
Jacques Le Roux
N841LR
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Great to know! Thanks, I'll check it out.