Bought my first plane - N5106T

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
Scott Medeiros

Bought my first plane - N5106T

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Just bought my first FSE plane, a fully loaded 172 for $150,000.

It's located at 1N9 (Allentown, PA), if anyone want's to help on it's long journey to it's new west coast home.
Keith Smith

Re: Bought my first plane - N5106T

Post by Keith Smith »

Wow, Allentown is about 40nm from here...that's going to be a lot of flying in a 172. Have fun!
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

53 miles from me. Keith and I are neighbors :D Congrats on the purchase, I might pitch in if I find a good 172 model - at this point, I'm stuck with the default XP one (which looks like it came from the 1900s...).
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

Man you are making me think...

I have almost 200 v$, saving for a Baron, wondering if I should just pull the trigger. I am getting tired of chasing airports with the plane I want to fly rather than just plan flights from where I want.
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

stealthbob wrote:Man you are making me think...

I have almost 200 v$, saving for a Baron, wondering if I should just pull the trigger. I am getting tired of chasing airports with the plane I want to fly rather than just plan flights from where I want.
At 200k V$'s that's just over half way for a Barron.

Not too long ago I also took the plunge myself.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4955

YMMV In my case, I make relatively tiny amounts in rent from others. The funny thing is for the relatively few rentals I get, they seem to happen at inconvenient times. In one case I was planning a flight to take later in the day. Between times, someone rented my airplane. When I got home ready to fly, the airplane wasn't were it was left.

To me one of the BEST parts of owning your own airplane is not fretting about the Hobbs meter. I no longer worry about starting the flight when I start taxing.
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

wmburns wrote:To me one of the BEST parts of owning your own airplane is not fretting about the Hobbs meter. I no longer worry about starting the flight when I start taxing.
Agree. I found a system-owned Baron for just over $300K on a lark really late at night and made a snap decision to get it. It's at L72 right now waiting for me to fly it when I have time. I recently made a bunch of Chinook flights in the wee hours before work to get enough for a Cherokee (N153PQ) that's now at 46CA for rent.

The best part about both is letting it run and run without worrying about FSE's rental costs.

I'm saving up next for maybe a C182 with the overall goal of having the three planes I paid for in the sim, owned in FSE.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge