What FSE Services do you want?

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination

What FSE Services do you want?

Small Aircraft Rentals (C172, BE58, etc)
10%
Medium Aircraft Rentals (B200, MU2, etc)
16%
Large Aircraft Rentals (CRJ2, Q400, etc)
6%
Small Aircraft Leasing
12%
Medium Aircraft Leasing
10%
Large Aircraft Leasing
No votes
Aircraft Financing
27%
Forget airplanes, more FBOs
16%
Nothing
4%

Total votes: 51

Rick Stratman

Re: What FSE Services do you want?

Post by Rick Stratman »

wmburns wrote:Really can make more v$'s by just flying.
This is what I see time and time again in FSE, just fly and fly and fly some more. The "fun" part is finding the jobs and planning the routes when there is no network. I love this network and there is lots of jobs and variety of places to fly.

I went back to look at my May's operations to date in my Caravan (N9065)

43 Legs
158K in revenue
102K before plane expenses
6K plane expenses
96K in profit for May

Yes Fly, Fly, Fly, and then Fly some more :)
Last edited by Rick Stratman on Tue May 26, 2015 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Stratman

Post by Rick Stratman »

Peter Grey wrote:For what it's worth traffic is way up at the Golden Eagle Network (thanks everyone!), if this keeps up the network will quickly become profitable.

We will still look at service expansion however.
I think I was able to do 2.5 circuits over the week end and bought gas each place I dropped or picked up PAX.
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

I'm in the middle of a large run with a B1900D - tried it on PE but had too many problems with the autopilot and my control setup. I'm doing them offline.

So far:

Peter - 1378.45
Keith - 755.05
Me (net) - 14,528.74

I hope the economies of scale work out because that doesn't seem like much cash for an FBO to get.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

steve, the whole idea of the fbos was to promote pe and fse. :)

it's ironic that the big money maker is causing you to fly offline!
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Keith Smith wrote:steve, the whole idea of the fbos was to promote pe and fse. :)

it's ironic that the big money maker is causing you to fly offline!
It's the Carenado B1900D. I was online, took off from 46CA and couldn't squawk, couldn't figure out a yaw issue, swung wide for the turn at Julian and decided not to embarrass myself further online.

I take it seriously, the FBOs for PE members, as best I can. If I want to chase money, I go overseas or out of the coverage area. I just wanted to contribute to the FBOs after wmburns posted his numbers for the area, instead of another day hopping around North Carolina or Georgia.

I think you wrote that to be funny, but it kind of doesn't sound that way. So here's the deal:

I realized I was paying for a year of PE but not using it as much because of FSE. I tried to be on PE this morning while working and wonking with a new plane. It turned out badly. Instead of chucking the whole thing in the trash, I flew the jobs I committed so at least you guys would get something out of it.
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
Alphabet Challenge
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

stevekirks wrote:It's the Carenado B1900D. I was online, took off from 46CA and couldn't squawk, couldn't figure out a yaw issue, swung wide for the turn at Julian and decided not to embarrass myself further online.
I have some information that may be of use to you. I recently purchased a Carenado PC12. It's the HD version and it's beautiful! However, I found that some of the clicks spots on the 3D cockpit were difficult/impossible to use. In addition it was not consistent working on some flights and not others. Some of the turning knobs did not "highlight" when the cursor was positioned over the knob. I found that if the cursor was in the "area" and the view moved then the knob would highlight.

On one flight most everything worked except most of the buttons on the transponder. For example it would accept only the "5" button. The controller was real nice and allowed the use of "5555" in the box.

The PC12 is just too nice of an airplane to become "shelf ware" so I researched the issue and found:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/465371-car ... ots-issue/

Basically it says to set the screen size BEFORE loading the aircraft. In my case, found that if the airport/aircraft selection screen is maximized then it worked perfectly. Something about how the click spots are computed is messed up when the screen is re-sized.

The problem mentioned with the transponder sounded similar to my issue. Hope this helps.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Steve, yes, it was a joke. I knew your preference would be to fly it online if you could.
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Keith Smith wrote:Steve, yes, it was a joke. I knew your preference would be to fly it online if you could.
Thanks for the clarification. :)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
Alphabet Challenge