Aircraft aliases (split)

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
lwilliams

Aircraft aliases (split)

Post by lwilliams »

Perhaps not the best place to post this, but here goes. (MOD: you were right, it wasn't, so it was split into its own topic)

I am completely baffled by the logic used to determine the aircraft alias. There is limited to no information available from the FSEconomy web site and the only way I have been able to get things to work is by trial and error.

After 1 hour of trying to get the Bellanca Super Viking 300A to work for the Bellanca 260 that I found in the list, I gave up. Even if this aircraft is completely incompatible, I would like to know if anyone has figured out a system that doesn't make trial and error through 10 attempts necessary (even with a Cessna 172 Skyhawk).

Has anyone been able to come up with a system on X-plane?

Lee
Lee Williams
Keith Smith

Re: Autopilot (FMC) Problem

Post by Keith Smith »

Lee, I'm surprised this has been a struggle, the aircraft 'type' is shown in a bunch of places within FSE. The simplest place, I suppose, would be on the "My Flight" page (which is likely to be where you are when you go to fire up the sim).

Scroll towards the bottom where it shows the details of the aircraft that FSE thinks you'll be flying, you'll see Registration, Type, Equipment, Location, etc.

Simply enter the 'Type' as the aircraft alias in the X-Plane FSE plugin letter for letter and it will work 100% of the time.

Keith
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Lets go with 99%, because it didn't work for this one.

Letter for letter. I wonder if there are spaces afterwords or something?
Lee Williams
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I will give it a whirl when I can and will let ya know
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

I had the same problem as Lee with one of FSEconomy's Quest Kodiaks. Everyone else has worked fine. Now if I can only get the FMC issue resolved. I guess if no one else is having the problem it must be on my end. I guess I'll keep trying - lol!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Lee, my apologies, I'm going to be in California this whole week and won't be able to check until I get back.
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

No hurry, Keith. There's many other planes.

btw, I was in your neck of the woods last week in the mighty, NJ!!! The happy town of North Bergen.
Lee Williams
Keith Smith

Re: Aircraft aliases (split)

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi Lee,

Next time you're in town, let me know that you're coming, it would be great to meet up if our schedules allow. I think I was out of state as it turns out :)

I tried the Bellanca 260 with a Bellanca 300 that I found (presumably the same one as you) and had the same issue. I tried a stock 172 aliased to a Bellanca 260 and had the same issue, so it's not an issue with the specific airplane within X-Plane, it's a function of some sort of misconfiguration on the server. I'll write to someone there to check it out.

You were right, Lee....it's hosed :)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Lee,

I just received a response in the FSE forum:
You have to use the "Flight Simulator Name" and not the aircraft type.
Try one of these as alias and it should work:

Bellanca 260 Hot Red
Bellanca 260 Red with Black Panel
Bellanca 260 White and Blue
Bellanca 260 White and Bluel
Bellanca 260 Yellow
This is news to me. I think my other system of using the "aircraft title" has worked simply because there has been a "Flight Simulator Name" that happens to exactly match the aircraft title. You can get this list from the 'list of aircraft' option under the 'home' menu (when the site comes back to life). It may not exactly be 'list of aircraft' (I can't check because of their outage right now), but it's something like that.

This sounds like it will fix the problem, though! Now you can enjoy that Bellanca with its terrible payload!
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Although I don't use FSE anymore, FWIW, the latter method has worked for me always too. There were some funky names and merely typing it in letter for latter from whatever they said the name was, worked 100% of the time.