Silly question

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
n65z

Silly question

Post by n65z »

First let me say, I love flying on PE and love my little SR22. I want to start flying on FSE from within PE, however, I want to continue using my SR22.

That said, I know I can find flights for the SR22, and I know if I change the "type" and "trick" FSE to think I am flying that plane.

I guess my question is, how far can I push the envelope of trickery? Can I fly my SR22 and trick FSE to think it is a Caravan and be able to load up 10 pax and cargo????

I really don't want a "study" plane as I am into this to learn flight procedures and not necessarily all the other engine start up stuff...nor do I care how pretty the plane is as I fly in 2d with a home sim setup

Is what I want to do considered cheating in the FSE world?

Ps. I do own the carenado caravan ex, but I don't want to have to change my sim/throttle setup...don't have extra handles for saitek throttle.
Brian Pollock (N65z)
V1-3, I1-11
FSEconomy: DaBrain
Http://www.Twitch.tv/n65z
Http://www.YouTube.com/temeculagoldxchange
cruster

Re: Silly question

Post by cruster »

I believe the FSE back-end code has an automated process to look at speed and fuel burn relative to expected numbers for completed assignments. The SR22 is about 20% faster than a C208, but burns about 80% less fuel. That might get you flagged.
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

That would go against my personal morals and possibly the FSE Code of Conduct. If you really want to fly the SR22, I would go out and fly one in from outside the coverage area (provided the "Bonus" doesn't make it an economically disastrous endeavor...) or buy one and fly it in. Part of the fun of FSE for me is finding profitable jobs for different aircraft - I doubt any single-engine small GA aircraft takes a lot of effort to learn - the C206 takes approximately 15 seconds to start. Don't be afraid to try out different aircraft to save up for an SR22, but you basically answered your own question by using the word "trickery".
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed
n65z

Post by n65z »

Thanks guys. I don't know anything about FSE. Like I said, I do have the carenado Cessna caravan and will learn to fly it for FSE purposes. I will have to find some extra throttle handles on eBay. No biggie. Thanks again.
Brian Pollock (N65z)
V1-3, I1-11
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

I'm confused, you said you have a Saitek Quadrant? The C208 only needs a throttle, prop, mixture - the Saitek has 3 levers.

PS - Just follow the provided checklists once and it'll be engrained in your brain forever :)
X-Plane 10.45
n65z

Post by n65z »

Correct. I actually have a double throttle quadrant but only 1 red, 1 blue and a 4 across black. Carenado also has a flaps lever. I am missing 1 handle. I guess I can always Mickey Mouse a handle. Lol
Brian Pollock (N65z)
V1-3, I1-11
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

Unless I'm missing something there's a rentable SR22 G2 a KSAN right now. If this THE plane that you want to fly, no need to comprise. My search is showing 3 rentable SR22 G2 within 250 nm of KSAN

After starting FSE be sure to say hello to your family every so often. It's addictive.

Rentable SR22 G2's within 500 nm of KSNA as of 06-03-15
ICAO NM Bearing Name
 KSAN 66 149  San Diego Intl-Lindbergh, San Diego, California, United States
 KSNS 257 315  Salinas Mun, Salinas, California, United States
 KVGT 201 40  North Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
 P52 297 76  Cottonwood, Cottonwood, Arizona, United States
Last edited by wmburns on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

I'm not sure why you would need different throttle controls when both of the planes you mention are single engine airplanes. One throttle, prop and mixture for each plane. The only difference is the C208 would be required to use the mixture control as the condition lever.

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H
Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements
My YouTube Videos
http://www.twitch.tv/Sim_Dude
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

Agreed - I don't understand why your handles won't work. Just rearrange the handle heads for a single-engined plane.It takes 5 seconds to change handles and another 5-10 to change axis assignments in XP (depending on whether you have the detents mapped). Saitek Quads come with a different color for each lever, where did the other ones go? What do you mean missing a handle? 4+1+1=6 if I'm not mistaken?
X-Plane 10.45
n65z

Post by n65z »

I bought the quadrant quite a while ago and am missing the single black handles and the extra reds and blues. All I have is 1 red, 1'blue and one continuous black that spans 4 levers. I need 4 SINGLE handles, prop, mixture/condition, throttle, flap

Didn't mean for this post to get so confusing. Lol
Brian Pollock (N65z)
V1-3, I1-11