Hawkeye Flight Services - SoCal Ops on PilotEdge

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
Shinjo B

Re: Hawkeye Flight Services - SoCal Ops on PilotEdge

Post by Shinjo B »

Hi John. A question about some of the aircraft in the Hawkeye fleet. There appears to be at least one A2A Comanche that lists a $0 rental fee, but still allows me to rent it.

Would feel kind of odd renting this so I'm wondering if this is working as intended?
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

That is because you are in the group that owns the plane. The group keeps 15% of your pay to pay for aircraft maintenance and fuel. That is the benefit of being associated with a group. Another benefit is that group users tend to keep the planes in the PilotEdge area. One of the planes that I had for rent ended up in Colorado and the other one in Wyoming.

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H
Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements
My YouTube Videos
http://www.twitch.tv/Sim_Dude
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

John,

From the FSE manual on groups:
Example. Pilot fee is set to 85%. For a $10,000 assignment, the pilot will receive $8,500 and the group will receive $1,500. From this $1,500 the group must pay ground crew fees ($1,000), and aircraft rental. If the aircraft is owned by the group, then the group's profit will only be $500 (rental fee paid to the owner, which is the group: net effect is zero). If the group has to pay for aircraft rental, it is likely that $500 will not be enough to cover rental fees and the gorup will lose money on the flight.
The key note here is that the group pays for ALL expenses associated with the flight, INCLUDING booking and ground crew fees. Ground crew fees are generally 10%, then there are booking fees (the % is variable based on how many jobs you carry. The more jobs, the higher the percentage), as well as maintenance and fuel.

At 15%, the group could easily lose money on a flight before maintenance and fuel are even taken into account.
Shinjo B

Post by Shinjo B »

Ok makes sense. Thanks.
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

Another FBO has been added to the Hawkeye Flight Services list:

KSZP - Santa Paula, CA

I will start generating jobs to and from this location.

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H
Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements
My YouTube Videos
http://www.twitch.tv/Sim_Dude
kleistad

Post by kleistad »

Hello!
Is this group still active? If so I would like to join :)
Kristoffer L.
N187KT
Tim/Rodeo314

Post by Tim/Rodeo314 »

BonanzaDude wrote:Added the following FBO's this morning:

KCLR
KHII
KMIT
KRNM
KSAS

I'll be updating my flight map shortly.

John
These seem to have been sold. This map shows the airports which currently feature a Hawkeye-owned FBO: https://goo.gl/xknQHP

KSFO
KSBP
KSZP
L70
KFUL
KPSP
KDAG
KLAS

MyFlightRoute makes it easy to do a job search without a current map, but knowing which FBOs are owned by Hawkeye can be useful when ferrying damaged aircraft, to choose the closest airport with an HFS FBO (so the commission for the repair actually goes to Hawkeye). Or simply to choose the closest airport for a refuel, too.