Auctioning Off a Couple SoCal FBO's (Dirt Runways)

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
BonanzaDude

Auctioning Off a Couple SoCal FBO's (Dirt Runways)

Post by BonanzaDude »

I am going to auction off 4 FBO's in FSE that I am not really flying to. Dirt runways aren't my thing plus they are very short hops from some of my bigger FBO's that doesn't really trip my trigger. I will sell them here first if someone is interested. All of them have at least 1800 kgs of both 100LL and JetA. I'd like to get v$500k for them. Which is half of what I paid for them.

They are the following:

0CL1
11CL
2CA2
L01

Some of them are low on supplies but I plan to supply them today.

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H
Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements
My YouTube Videos
http://www.twitch.tv/Sim_Dude
wmburns

Re: Auctioning Off a Couple SoCal FBO's (Dirt Runways)

Post by wmburns »

I'm interested but have a number of "issues". First after my recent purchase of PC12 N128CM I find myself short on funds.

I'm would also like some time to look at each field. Would like to double check some of the fields around each comparing to the areas where I fly.

Two questions. Are you willing to split them up? And can I have some time to research?

This will be my first experience owning/operating an FBO. Do you have any "words of wisdom"?

Thanks.
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

Take your time.

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
My YouTube Videos
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

wmburns wrote:I'm interested but have a number of "issues". First after my recent purchase of PC12 N128CM I find myself short on funds.

I'm would also like some time to look at each field. Would like to double check some of the fields around each comparing to the areas where I fly.

Two questions. Are you willing to split them up? And can I have some time to research?

This will be my first experience owning/operating an FBO. Do you have any "words of wisdom"?

Thanks.
You know what. What is your FSE username? I'll transfer them to you. Payback what you want, when you want, it doesn't matter if that amount is v$00000. It's time to give back to the PE and FSE community.

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
My YouTube Videos
n65z

Post by n65z »

Wow John....if you are giving stuff away, I'll take your pc12 that I have been flying lately....lol. Just kidding.

I have to say that I have never belonged to a community like PE, And am loving every second! I especially love how all the twitch/fse guys support each other whether it's following on twitch or like John, giving a bit back to other FSE users.

Bravo!
Brian Pollock (N65z)
V1-3, I1-11
FSEconomy: DaBrain
Http://www.Twitch.tv/n65z
Http://www.YouTube.com/temeculagoldxchange
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

Wow. Totally blown away.

But at the risk of sounding like a total "ingrate" can we discuss this? Maybe come up with something that gets more value for you and fits how I'm flying.

One of my main planes is the Pilatus PC-12. The minimum runway length is listed at 1,830'. So landing at a 1,400' dirt runway isn't going to happen safely. For this reason Cones Field (2CA2) wouldn't be one of my choices.

If you are willing to break up the lot, could we talk about just Hansen Airport (11CL)? Likely I have enough funds on hand to pay a reasonable rate for (and have enough v$'s for operations).

The benefit is it seems likely that we can get others involved thus making a "win" for more people.

My FSE user-ID the same as my PE user-ID (wmburns).

Again thanks for the offer.
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

Tell me what ones you want and I will transfer them to you. The others I will move the 100LL and JetA to another FBO that I have.

Thanks,
John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
My YouTube Videos
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

Shout out to other would be FSE world domination FBO barons. I don't feel comfortable that I can do a good job managing these FBO's. I would prefer to take only 11CL until I "learn" how to manage/operate an FBO.

Surely there's someone else out there on PE thinking about being an FSE FBO owner. Jump in. Now is your chance!
Last edited by wmburns on Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

I will take you up, only for the same reasons as you.

I would like to see the functions on an FBO and see if that is an area I want to get into.

I have some v$ to throw at this as well.

If you are offering, pick one that you are ok with offering and I will try it, if I find its not for me I will do the same by offering it back to the PE community.

Huge props BonanzaDude!