Multi hop flight

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
n65z

Multi hop flight

Post by n65z »

I tried searching on the fse board but can't find an answer to this;

I have developed a small desktop app to query a city pair and return all the jobs within the same general direction of flight going to the destination airport.

For instance, I want to go from 46CA to KVNY. My app goes out and tells me that there are a few pax at KBNG going to KVNY as well...now I can fill my plane and maximize my flight with one stop over. BTW, once I am done perfecting the app, if anyone is interested, I will post in my Dropbox.

Here is my question; If I pick up a few pax at 46CA and fly to KBNG to pick up more pax for KVNY, will the current pax get off and I need to reload? I suppose I could just fly it and see what happens, just thought I could get a quick answer on how that works.

Thanks
Brian Pollock (N65z)
V1-3, I1-11
FSEconomy: DaBrain
Http://www.Twitch.tv/n65z
Http://www.YouTube.com/temeculagoldxchange
Keith Smith

Re: Multi hop flight

Post by Keith Smith »

They won't get off, they'll still be in your loading area. Multi-leg trips are very standard on FSE.
n65z

Post by n65z »

Awesome...thanks
Brian Pollock (N65z)
V1-3, I1-11
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

Not sure how much work you want to put into your own app, but there is a pretty amazing little app that uses Google Earth to draw all jobs in an area, going to/from specific airports, etc. It's called the FSEconomy Flight Planner. Join the group to then have access to the group forum to download it. The group is here: http://www.fseconomy.net/groups/pluginc ... t=8&grp=53
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
n65z

Post by n65z »

I did download it. Honestly, a bit more involved than I wanted. Just wanted a quicky app that just did the basic fill your plane info stuff.

Anyways, after programming for about a day I came up with something that suits me....programming relaxes me and passes some boring downtime at work.

Of course, after I finished, I noticed that myflightroute had a very similar search feature as my desktop app...lol
Brian Pollock (N65z)
V1-3, I1-11