FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
stevekirks

ALL SOLD - Planes for sale

Post by stevekirks »

I'm selling off some aircraft to make room for something else:

***SOLD***
***SOLD***
***SOLD***

I'm going to pick up a Caravan somewhere and use it for SoCal passenger runs...
---

Edit 2-6-16:

Remaining planes are sold and I found a deal on a Twin Otter. Flying it home from France, east bound through Russia.

Edit 2-1-16 at 1640Z:

Cessna 172 is gone (thanks!) but if there are PE members on the fence, post here with something reasonable and I'll dump them off to you.
Last edited by stevekirks on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
wmburns

Re: Planes for sale

Post by wmburns »

Purchased N112WA. Anybody interested in flying it back into PE coverage area? Thanks.

N112WA - Skyhawk for $125,000 - VFR/IFR/AP

PS, isn't it crazy just how expensive a Caravan is? I was looking to get one myself until I saw the prices.
carguy4471

Post by carguy4471 »

I'd be willing to handle that ferry for ya!! What's the gig pay?
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

carguy4471 wrote:I'd be willing to handle that ferry for ya!! What's the gig pay?
The distance bonus should almost equal the cost of rental. So mostly a free rental if you can find some jobs going West. At nearby KLUF there's a good paying job as an example.

$2,810.00 KLUF KCXL 166 253 3 Patient Transfer

Is that enough? If not, let me know what it would take.

Also, if anyone has any ideas on a good location within the PE coverage area that would be a good place to base a C172 rental wise. The 172 currently at 46CA doesn't seem to get that many rentals.
Last edited by wmburns on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
ridikamus

Post by ridikamus »

carguy4471 wrote:I'd be willing to handle that ferry for ya!! What's the gig pay?
EDIT: wmburns posted just before I did, but the info seems still useful so I'm leaving it.

He's got it set to v$80 dry/ v$120 wet rental cost with a v$100 per 100 miles distance bonus. You'd need to manage 120 miles/hour to break even with a wet rental and an empty plane. That feat is questionable in a 172, but you could also grab jobs along the way and content yourself with a very cheap rental. Currently there's a 3 passenger trip from KGYR (13 miles east of the airplane) to 61B (now KBVU on the charts) that pays $3830 which would get you into PE coverage and somewhat closer to KONT.
V-3 CAT-11 I-11
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

wmburns wrote:Purchased N112WA. Anybody interested in flying it back into PE coverage area? Thanks.

N112WA - Skyhawk for $125,000 - VFR/IFR/AP

PS, isn't it crazy just how expensive a Caravan is? I was looking to get one myself until I saw the prices.
I know...it's nuts. But I'm using a Dash 7 over in the middle east to run up some cash for jobs. If I get the Baron sold, then that will put me pretty close. Maybe I'll find a Caravan to lease for a month...
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge