FSE Install Xplane 10

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
jkxhyperlite

FSE Install Xplane 10

Post by jkxhyperlite »

Hello,
I am attempting to intsall FSE on my new computer and I have followed all the steps that FSE has you do, however, When I open X-plane and go to the python control panel and it shows no scripts loaded from my script folder. I have tried with multiple scripts with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?
wmburns

Re: FSE Install Xplane 10

Post by wmburns »

It would be handy if you mentioned:
  • Your operating system (windows, linux, mac)
  • operating system version (win7, win8, win10...)
  • 32/64 bit OS
  • Python version
When I installed FSE on my Win7 64 bit system I did find the install instructions somewhat confusing. I personally had "problems" deciding which Python version was the "correct" version to download. In fact I recall accidentally installing a 32 bit version on my 64 bit system (no error message during the install).

There's also a part in the instructions where the end user has to "know" if the target system is 32 or 64 bit and make copy decision based upon this.
https://sites.google.com/site/fseoperat ... the-client

Also recommend running each install job "as administrator". Sometimes if there are software dependencies (such as C++ or visual studio) the "fork' job will fail if the install itself isn't run as administrator.

The good news is once Python and all software dependencies have been installed and verified you will never have to worry about it again on this same system.
jkxhyperlite

Post by jkxhyperlite »

Windows 10
64Bit OS
i have tried 3 versions of python,
2.7.11- crashes xplane instantly on start up
2.7.10 and 2.7.9 allows xplane to open but when i go to they python scripts it says there are none.
I have also installed all the python under Run as administrator.
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

My system:
  • Win10 64 bit home
  • X-plane 10.45
  • Python 2.7.9 (64 bit)
  • FSE v1.8.3
  • PE client
Are you able to launch the PythonIDLE and Python-command-line from the all programs list? If so, this proves the basic Python installation.

When X-plane is up under Plugins, plug-admin, plugin-information does Pythoninterface show up in the list? What are the others?

Did you extract and copy the FSE Python script into the PythonScripts directory?

Did you catch the note about HOW the unzip is done to prevent doubling up on the path names?

Can you post a screen shot or directory list of the PythonScripts and PythonInterface directories?

I'm really suspecting there's something in the directory structure not being exactly what X-plane is expecting.
jkxhyperlite

Post by jkxhyperlite »

PythonInterface shows up on the plugins list under the plugin admin.
Python IDLE and Python Command Line open perfectly.
Im attaching 3 images of my plugin folder for you to see the file installs.
Attachments
PythonScripts.PNG
PythonScripts.PNG (18.02 KiB) Viewed 7480 times
Python Interface.PNG
Python Interface.PNG (27.96 KiB) Viewed 7480 times
Plugins.PNG
Plugins.PNG (93.28 KiB) Viewed 7480 times
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

The (2) PythonInterface files at the Plugin level do not look correct. Should be under the PythonInterface directory.

Are there any error messages in the log file?

It is VERY easy to create a Beta/test version of X-Plane. Simply copy the full X-Plane directory to another location and then launch X-plane from the new location.

This is going to be a big help in the next trouble shooting step. That is to remove all plugin except PE and FSE. Or at the very least remove the plugins one at a time until down the critical list. Doing this with a copy will keep the testing from affecting your production system.
Last edited by wmburns on Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkxhyperlite

Post by jkxhyperlite »

So you think its one of my other plugins interfering with python?
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

jkxhyperlite wrote:So you think its one of my other plugins interfering with python?
Honestly If I knew the answer to that question likely I could tell you what's wrong. But I do know that on my system the FSE install followed the instructions given. The instructions were some what complicated. But once followed were straight forward.

Your system is much more complicated than mine in terms of installed plugins.

I also know just how easy it is to create an X-plane test system. Since you are certain that all of the FSE instructions were followed, then a logical trouble shooting step is to simplify and reduce the complexities of the system. I also expected push back to removing all of the other plugins. The Beta/test set up offers a way to run though the exercise without affecting the production system.

Also try placing the PythonInterface files at the correct directory level.
jkxhyperlite

Post by jkxhyperlite »

even with all my plugins removed except Python it does the same thing :?
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

You stated that several versions Python were installed. Try deleting all versions and re-install the recommended version.

Next remove both Python related directories from X-plane plugins directory. Re-install following the FSE instructions. Re-test.

Post the Python log files and X-plane log files.