Aircraft Ownership Monthly Fees Starting 07/01/2016

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
ridikamus

Aircraft Ownership Monthly Fees Starting 07/01/2016

Post by ridikamus »

TL;DR - Starting in July every aircraft you own will cost you 1% of its system buyback value every month.

Full version: http://www.fseconomy.net/welcome/51-sub ... possession

There's a discussion thread that's up to 880 posts and counting, full of crazy arguments and stuff.
V-3 CAT-11 I-11
Rick Stratman

Re: Aircraft Ownership Monthly Fees Starting 07/01/2016

Post by Rick Stratman »

Yea I noticed it the other day and was initially shocked, but as that worn off its seems to be make sense.

As in an Economy there is a cost to ownership :)

Wondering if this thread will be the all time leader in number of posts, as there seems to be some people really worked up about this change.
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

I will just say this, unless I am missing something it is a one sided shift in the economy of the system. To me this change should have included an offset which would serve to support the revenue that will pay for these new fees.

In other areas...I like the Pilot for hire concept, however it falls flat when you could make more in less time with simple Barron flights. Also it was mentioned by someone, they need to fix the situational trap of getting stuck in someone's Hub/Spoke network by flying the same routes back and forth. Additionally there should be more presence for a cargo economy, more than just supplying your own FBO's.

In the end for me it is somewhat inconsequential so I have no real issue with the change...I just like to grab a few PAX from time to time and make enough to support my simple little FBO at 2CA2. Now I just have to support my planes as well :shrug:

Keeping an eye out now for the glut of planes about to hit the market ;)
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

To me this is a case of "be careful what you ask for.....". Over the years there have been TONS of requests attempting to find ways to place inactive planes back into circulation. Well now there's something in place that says one has to at least working their fleet once every 3 years or lose it. On the surface that doesn't seem too onerous to those of us that are active. As has been pointed out for the average small/medium aircraft owner it's only about one additional load per month to cover the fee.

To me it seems like the real losers are the LARGE aircraft owners that are infrequently used.

Back in the day when I was flying a TON of JS41 flights out of KCLT how much work it actually took to fill the 29 PAX JS41. Even these days it can sometimes be a challenge to fill a 10 PAX PC12. I honestly don't see how someone can fill a CRJ200 or the like.

Thinking about it FSE basic mission statement has always favored smaller aircraft operations. Some members have pushed hard to allow for larger and and larger aircraft. IMO this change is most likely going to change the MIX of aircraft back towards smaller aircraft. This might not be such a bad thing.

I also have to agree that there will be some culling of fleets. Seems likely there will be a big push to cull before the change hits with maybe some downward pressure on price. The real interesting change might be 3 years in the future when the aircraft of all of the inactive users hits the market at the same time.

Anyone interested in adding to their fleet?

N112WA Cessna 172 Skyhawk
N740L Cessna 206 Stationair
Rick Stratman

Post by Rick Stratman »

Well just have remember it's just a free game.

8-)