FSE on PE

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
jiva602

FSE on PE

Post by jiva602 »

Hello,

I am learning to simfly with an A2A 182 and really enjoy doing FSE runs while practicing. However, I am finding very few options available in the PE service area.

At this point in time, PE is a priority, the 182 is THE plane I am flying exclusively (for now), does this mean that I most likely will not be able to use FSE very much (if at all)? Or is there some workaround/exploit/mod unknown to me that would enable me to say, rent a system-owned 172 but fly the job in my Skylane?

Thanks,

Jiva
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11
yajna

Re: FSE on PE

Post by yajna »

If you're renting, the airport search page shows about 20 Skylanes within 250 miles of KSNA. Check the "rentable" box and select the 182 in the aircraft type dropdown and then mark "Airports within X miles of Y".

Or you can widen your search beyond the PE coverage area. I bought a Skywagon up north in Healdsburg and flew it down offline.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

I own a C182 (N320MB) parked at L18 (Fallbrook) and there is a job to 46CA you could pick up with plenty of opportunity. Or you could make a short hop to KCRQ and load up with several jobs available there too.

Opportunities to fly whatever plane you want are certainly there. Just broaden your search.
jiva602

Post by jiva602 »

Thanks folks for the clarification on search parameters. Not sure what I've been searching other than 182 but I've been getting slim pickens 'til now.

This is good news! Thanks again
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11
jiva602

Post by jiva602 »

Marcus Becker wrote:I own a C182 (N320MB) parked at L18 (Fallbrook) and there is a job to 46CA you could pick up with plenty of opportunity. Or you could make a short hop to KCRQ and load up with several jobs available there too.

Opportunities to fly whatever plane you want are certainly there. Just broaden your search.
Quick question Marcus: WhenIi rent on FSE/PE, do I need to use your call sign? If so, do I need to "register it" on PE connect page? How does that work exactly? I prefer realism but want to be recognized correctly by ATC on PE.
Thanks,
Jiva
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

You can use my tail number if you want to. Be careful if you use the tailnumbers provided on FSE. Many are invalid or inaccurate. No need to register anything on Pilotedge. Just use anything valid.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

jiva602, there is no formal linkage between FSE and PE. The fact that you're flying on PE while also being connected to FSE are completely independent. Once you're aware of that, the reason as to why you can use any valid callsign on PE while conducting a FSE flight becomes more obvious.
jiva602

Post by jiva602 »

Keith Smith wrote:jiva602, there is no formal linkage between FSE and PE. The fact that you're flying on PE while also being connected to FSE are completely independent. Once you're aware of that, the reason as to why you can use any valid callsign on PE while conducting a FSE flight becomes more obvious.
Thanks for the clarification; I just wanted remove that doubt from my mind.

Jiva
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11