Creekside Air Service is open - 5CL8

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
bushpilot

Creekside Air Service is open - 5CL8

Post by bushpilot »

Greetings PE+FSE enthusiasts. I purchased the small strip at Creekside, Arvin, south of Bakersfield. It is side-by-side to Paradise Lakes 7CA2 and it shows up clearly on satellite, but not on the sectional. Drop in if your in the area. Fuel is a bit pricey at present but will go down when a new shipment arrives. I can move the fuel a few kg. at a time from Bakersfield much cheaper than ordering it in bulk. Plans for the future include full service FBO once I move the necessary supplies down from Bakersfield.

My primary aircraft (only one I could afford at the time) is a J3 Cub. I'm using A2A's J3 in P3Dv3. Scenery for the area is nice in Orbx SoCal. Come in, grab some coffee, make us a regular part of your Bakersfield area flights.
i7 4770k 3.5, 32gb RAM, nVidia gtx 780 surround, Win7 pro 64, P3Dv3,
Orbx SoCal & NoCal, Active Sky Next, TrackIR 5
stevekirks

Re: Creekside Air Service is open - 5CL8

Post by stevekirks »

I think I saw you a couple of days back flying south from the SFO area down toward Bakersfield in the J3. That must have been a zen experience for sure...
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
bushpilot

Re: Creekside Air Service is open - 5CL8

Post by bushpilot »

That was quite possible. I took 3 legs to complete the flight from the purchase airport to my current location at KBFL Bakersfield Meadows. I love flying low and slow, but I can imagine the frustration and headache I must cause ATC while entering a controlled area. While coming into KBFL, there was a poor C172 pilot doing pattern work and I entered the left downwind pattern going 68 knots. The C172 was about to takeoff (a second aircraft was on the runway at the time). By the time I got to midfield, the C172 was in position to takeoff. But by the time I had turned final, the C172 was being warned to run up my "tail pipe." It was a hoot of a flight.

Can't wait to try entering a pattern for KLAX some day!!
i7 4770k 3.5, 32gb RAM, nVidia gtx 780 surround, Win7 pro 64, P3Dv3,
Orbx SoCal & NoCal, Active Sky Next, TrackIR 5