3 dissimilar a/c in the pattern and one emergency

Interesting ATC clips and situations from PilotEdge
Keith Smith

3 dissimilar a/c in the pattern and one emergency

Post by Keith Smith »

A Skyhawk, and Baron and a turbine Duke in the pattern at Ramona. When the dust settles, the Duke swaps out for a Piaggio, picks up IFR to LAX then has a dual engine fire after applying Full Rental Power(tm) and diverts to Palomar.

http://www.pilotedge.net/recordings/hou ... _17510.mp3

Pilots: Scott Forsha, Ryan Butterworth and Andrew McDonald.

Note: the Skyhawk is not audible in the recording at first (odd, because I am pretty sure I was talking to him without an issue at the time!), but he eventually becomes audible after reconnecting.

Here's Ryan's version of the events: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1981#p12423
Ryan B

Re: 3 dissimilar a/c in the pattern and one emergency

Post by Ryan B »

Keith Smith wrote:A Skyhawk, and Baron and a turbine Duke in the pattern at Ramona. When the dust settles, the Duke swaps out for a Piaggio, picks up IFR to LAX then has a dual engine fire after applying Full Rental Power(tm) and diverts to Palomar.

http://www.pilotedge.net/recordings/hou ... _17510.mp3

Pilots: Scott Forsha, Ryan Butterworth and Andrew McDonald.

Note: the Skyhawk is not audible in the recording at first (odd, because I am pretty sure I was talking to him without an issue at the time!), but he eventually becomes audible after reconnecting.

Here's Ryan's version of the events: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1981#p12423
Awww man I missed this thread... how embarrassing! It was pretty cool though... most of my freeware planes don't feature well-done systems. This Piaggio is an exception. Note to self: Turboprops don't like going over redline ITT, and they will easily go there at full power on a 90 degree day in sunny socal :P
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL