Fun tower banter with Keith and pilots at KSBA

Interesting ATC clips and situations from PilotEdge
breadwild

Fun tower banter with Keith and pilots at KSBA

Post by breadwild »

18:00 - ZLA Local (Tower/Ground/Delivery) (11.8 MB) or http://assets.pilotedge.net/recordings/ ... _18011.mp3

Keith is surprised at how well 2 pilots in the pattern manage their traffic and gets a surprise as to why. But I won't give it away ;)

Fun begins at 17:00
YouTube Channel (X-Plane)
X-Plane Tools (.fms generators)
Keith Smith

Re: Fun tower banter with Keith and pilots at KSBA

Post by Keith Smith »

I captured a 20 min video of the operations at SBA last night since it looked like it was going to be interesting. Will see if I can get it posted soonish.

That was a blast last night....great pilots all around (not just at SBA either).
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Video uploading to PilotEdge ATC channel now, will be ready in about 20 mins: http://youtu.be/vYuUefv2MjQ

It's a weird resolution (I had my window sized fairly randomly when I started the capture, wasn't planning ahead on the recording). Not sure how YT will handle it.

I can make the rendered video available for download, too, it's around 230MB.
breadwild

Post by breadwild »

Okay, *that* was awesome. A great look behind the curtain. Now I understand why you guys make all that money and need to retire early.

BTW, video rendered fine in HD, and full screen on my 27" iMac

Thanks for doing that. Would like to see some in-route stuff as well.

{B}
YouTube Channel (X-Plane)
X-Plane Tools (.fms generators)
rgrazian

Post by rgrazian »

Keith,

Great video and I was wondering how it looked from a controller's perspective. Sorry I was late to all the action. I'm going to look at the map before my flights from now on to see what's going on.

I am going to change my call sign from Saratoga to Betsy 9BW. :D
Rob G.
Private Pilot
Instrument Airplane; ASEL
SmallJet

Post by SmallJet »

I can't believe my ears! I think I might know the pilot of King Air N492A. :D
----------------

King Air N492A,

It's nice and also little bizarre hearing you again - if this is you!

NY?
Do you still have the very colorful Chopper?

If this is you (NY and Wild Chopper) then I absolutely understand if you do not wish to divulge your full identity here (makes good sense to me). Anyway, if this is you (Warrior), I just wanted to say hello. This would be proof positive that the world is a very small place indeed.

BTW, I'm heavy FX myself. I'm pretty much Tactical like you. I design the algorithms that make it all work for me.

I hope to share the same PilotEdge skies with you at some point the future. :D If you can say hello here, that would be great. If not, I do understand. If you want to know who I am and how I (think) I might recognize your voice, drop me an email at fxlogix@engineer.com when you get a chance.

Regards!