XP10 plus SimAvio SR22 (on PE)

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
jimpdx

XP10 plus SimAvio SR22 (on PE)

Post by jimpdx »

Still getting this system dialed in. I have taken this SR22 from Napa to Monterey, Truckee and Redding, enroute back to PDX. The system consists of two PCs (one external avionics with 15" Dell displays). The second PC has a Motorola Xoom tablet linked wirelessly as a third display with a touchscreen FMS. I still click the wrong buttons from time to time but getting better. Taking all flights through Norcal on PE which has been great so far!

jimpdx

Re: XP10 plus SimAvio SR22 (on PE)

Post by jimpdx »

Actually I should point out that I am using Jason Chandler's SR22 model (c74.net) not the stock Cirrus which ships with FTS.
Brandon Grchan

Post by Brandon Grchan »

The Touch trainers by FTS sure are nice!
Brandon Grchan
PilotEdge Air Traffic Controller
epaton

Post by epaton »

Nice simulator :!: I am curious... what software are you using to link your Xoom wirelessly to your computer (as a second monitor)? Are you using the button feedback clicking sounds that SimAVIO generates when a valid button press is actuated? The option is in the preferences menu of SimAVIO. It really helps when you are using touchscreens.
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

Cool setup! How's the avionics in that package? The one for FSX simualtes the avidyne and it's ok for basic functionality. The G1000 in the Flight 1 planes are the best I've seen for the computer user sim.

I've used XP10 demo but I stick with FSX for my precious addons :)
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
jimpdx

Post by jimpdx »

Sorry for the delay in responding. After much researching apps I bought Air Display to link my iPad and/or Xoom Android tablet to my secondary PC (Avionics) with touch-screen capabilities. http://avatron.com/apps/air-display. So far so good. Ryan, the different packages vary - you can check them out at http://flythissim.com.