My Flight sim

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
Vincent Meier

My Flight sim

Post by Vincent Meier »

IMG_4975.jpeg
IMG_4975.jpeg (241.47 KiB) Viewed 7575 times
I thought I would show off my pride and joy so far....I thought I was done....but so many ideas...so little money...LOL.
If you want to take a good look at the build go to http://www.vinceandvalerie.com

Vince
Last edited by Vincent Meier on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG
Keith Smith

Re: My Flight sim

Post by Keith Smith »

Absolutely outstanding!!! Nice work!
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Big time jealousy here!

Nice setup.

Lee
Lee Williams
Aldo8100

Post by Aldo8100 »

The display you present for us is inspiring and very professional.One of my friends tell me about this to see and i see really nice...Nice work!
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

Cool! And something your wife enjoys hehe!
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Awesome sim! I wish more people would post their setups.
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

After having my flight sim down for several months while we had our basement finished, I finally have things back together again. My setup isn't as fancy (or realistic) as lots of folks have, mostly because I've not settled on what aircraft I want to use as my "permanent" simulator -- I'm still flexing back and forth between a bunch of different aircraft types.

This setup is what I use for GA aircraft (this happens to be the Flight 1 Cessna 182T with a Garmin G1000 glass cockpit). I rearrange things a bit for jet aircraft, removing the Saitek TPM module you see on the bottom of the stack on the right, and substituting a pair of Saitek 3-lever throttle quadrant controllers. I also add one additional display to handle the CDU for airplanes that have them.

The overall sim consists of 6 PC's; 5 of them are driving the "out the window" displays you can see. The "display" PC's have nVidia GTX 550Ti video cards (which can drive two display, but I generally only have them driving a single monitor. The other PC is my "master" flying system that handles the panels and the various Saitek USB peripherals, yoke, and rudder pedals. It has an nVidia GTX 670 card and can drive 4 displays. The "display" PC's are synchronized with the master PC using OpusFSX, which also handles real-time weather injection for all of the displays. I use ForeFlight on an iPad as my EFB, driven with the GPSsim cable adapter and FSUIPC. A single mouse and keyboard are shared across all six PC's using Synergy.
Simulator Setup - Small.jpg
Simulator Setup - Small.jpg (145.82 KiB) Viewed 7266 times
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Mark, my apologies for drooling all over the picture of your setup.

lol
Lee Williams
johnbeam

Post by johnbeam »

Nice Setup!