[video] The great heli race

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
Kerbo

[video] The great heli race

Post by Kerbo »

I thought it might be a good night to practice that nasty approach into 46CA but turns out the circus was in town. ;)

Here is raw footage of just some of the fun that was going on out at the ranch tonight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fswSD9XuCg
Kerbo on YouTube or Twitch
armchair sim pilot
usual call sign: N1676L
Keith Smith

Re: [video] The great heli race

Post by Keith Smith »

That's fantastic! Gotta get those global shadows turned on, man, then you can work out everyone's height :)

Did you change the light sizes? They're abnormally large.
Kerbo

Post by Kerbo »

I'm new to X-Plane and it's pretty stock. I know where the shadow setting is so will change that but don't know about the lights.
armchair sim pilot
Kerbo

Post by Kerbo »

Keith Smith wrote:Kerbo, do you have HDR turned on?
Yes, I did. Does that make some light sources look oversize? I'll play around with some settings.
armchair sim pilot
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

That's odd. HDR shouldn't make them look oversized if you're using stock settings. You normally have to go out of your way to play with the light sizes for HD CSL's via LUA if I understand correctly (I've never done it). I'm not sure if it's a video driver difference, I have a pretty old Radeon card, maybe they just look different with NVidia. Can anyone else confirm?
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Keith Smith wrote:That's odd. HDR shouldn't make them look oversized if you're using stock settings. You normally have to go out of your way to play with the light sizes for HD CSL's via LUA if I understand correctly (I've never done it). I'm not sure if it's a video driver difference, I have a pretty old Radeon card, maybe they just look different with NVidia. Can anyone else confirm?
Windows 7
X-Plane 10.32 (Steam)
Latest PE Client
NVidia GT640/Driver 347.52
Stock except standard plugins for FSE, PE, Saitek panels, FSrealWX

I watched that video and that's what all aircraft on PE look like to me. Big lights that are nice and easy to see at 10 miles out.

EDIT: HDR IS OFF for me but "draw per pixel lighting" is on.
Last edited by stevekirks on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
tshuff

Post by tshuff »

stevekirks wrote:
Keith Smith wrote:That's odd. HDR shouldn't make them look oversized if you're using stock settings. You normally have to go out of your way to play with the light sizes for HD CSL's via LUA if I understand correctly (I've never done it). I'm not sure if it's a video driver difference, I have a pretty old Radeon card, maybe they just look different with NVidia. Can anyone else confirm?
Windows 7
X-Plane 10.32 (Steam)
Latest PE Client
NVidia GT640/Driver 347.52
Stock except standard plugins for FSE, PE, Saitek panels, FSrealWX

I watched that video and that's what all aircraft on PE look like to me. Big lights that are nice and easy to see at 10 miles out.
NVidia reporting in here, that is not what my lights look like. I find spotting the CSLs to be nearly impossible. I actually thought while watching this video that I should find how how to make that tweak before I have to rename my stream to "Negative Traffic"
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

tshuff wrote:NVidia reporting in here, that is not what my lights look like. I find spotting the CSLs to be nearly impossible. I actually thought while watching this video that I should find how how to make that tweak before I have to rename my stream to "Negative Traffic"
I edited my post to show that my HDR is off and "draw per pixel lighting" is on. Do you have HDR on?
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
tshuff

Post by tshuff »

stevekirks wrote: I edited my post to show that my HDR is off and "draw per pixel lighting" is on. Do you have HDR on?
Ah, well that probably changes it. I have HDR and Per Pixel both set to on. Probably solves that one :).