L B transition coastal route

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
xpga

L B transition coastal route

Post by xpga »

I did my first L B Airspace transition using coastal route on my 5th flight on PE. It was nerve wrecking but fulfilling experience.

B58 as N205K
Baron_58_1.jpeg
Baron_58_1.jpeg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 3881 times
Baron_58_3.jpeg
Baron_58_3.jpeg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 3881 times
Vincent Meier

Re: L B transition coastal route

Post by Vincent Meier »

xpga wrote:I did my first L B Airspace transition using coastal route on my 5th flight on PE. It was nerve wrecking but fulfilling experience.

B58 as N205K
Baron_58_1.jpeg
Baron_58_3.jpeg
Transitions are always unnerving at the best of time, but very fulfilling when you do them successfully.
What I could not figure out was what a L B transition was until I thought about it for a while!! I just focused on the B(Bravo) transition part and had to guess what the L was for.
My assumption is now that you did the Long Beach LAX Class Bravo transition NB via the Coastal Route!!
Wow, time for me to get some sleep!!!

Congrats again!!
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG
xpga

Post by xpga »

Just ment Lima Bravo by LB. Which I think how the controllers refer to LAX Bravo. Correct me if I am wrong.
Vincent Meier

Post by Vincent Meier »

xpga wrote:Just ment Lima Bravo by LB. Which I think how the controllers refer to LAX Bravo. Correct me if I am wrong.
I cannot correct you as I am unsure myself. I have always said "via the LAX Class Bravo". You may be right as everything is abbreviated...
Maybe Keith or one of the controllers can chime in on this.
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I've never heard a controller refer to it as the Lima Bravo. Perhaps they do in real life, I'm not sure...but since we work so many fields at the same time, we might not have the same abbreviations they use. AFAIK, we just call it "the LA Bravo" or simply "the Bravo" when interacting with other controllers during briefings.