Daniel Kofman

A video from one of my flight lessons

Post by Daniel Kofman »

Daniel Kofman - 2250
Arizona State University '21
Keith Smith

Re: A video from one of my flight lessons

Post by Keith Smith »

To maximize the benefit of filming your lessons, I'd suggest adding an audio cable to capture the intercom audio. That way, when you watch it back, you can hear all the interactions between you, the instructor and any ATC interaction.

Without it, or a view of the instruments, there isn't much context as to what's going on.

Good luck with your flight lessons, though!
Daniel Kofman

Post by Daniel Kofman »

Keith Smith wrote:To maximize the benefit of filming your lessons, I'd suggest adding an audio cable to capture the intercom audio. That way, when you watch it back, you can hear all the interactions between you, the instructor and any ATC interaction.

Without it, or a view of the instruments, there isn't much context as to what's going on.

Good luck with your flight lessons, though!
I thought about that, Keith. Any idea how I can do that? I recorded the lesson itself with an iPhone.
Daniel Kofman - 2250
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

there are adapters which plug into the intercom jacks and provide audio the input on your recording device. Google "iphone audio input", it looks like there's quite a few solutions out there.
Daniel Kofman

Post by Daniel Kofman »

Keith Smith wrote:there are adapters which plug into the intercom jacks and provide audio the input on your recording device. Google "iphone audio input", it looks like there's quite a few solutions out there.
Thanks, I'll look for it!
Daniel Kofman - 2250