cool spinny thing in Bell 407

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
Keith Smith

cool spinny thing in Bell 407

Post by Keith Smith »

This is more an homage to the physics engine in X-Plane 10 than anything else: http://www.twitch.tv/ksmith_pe/v/20996267

I'd just disabled the lateral/vertical camera movement that's present in the 407 (based on acceleration) because it's super annoying when you're trying to tune a radio or transponder, this was a quick lap around the Ranch to test it out. It's always fun to bring the blender to a stop by just mashing on a pedal....fun stuff happens :)

I have no idea if it's interesting for anyone else to watch, but it's a thrill to fly.
Marcus Becker

Re: cool spinny thing in Bell 407

Post by Marcus Becker »

With absolutely no offense to Chris' beautiful work on the Rancho scenery, I should send you my updated one with a PE flag instead of the Canadian waving leaf thingy.
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

Marcus Becker wrote:With absolutely no offense to Chris' beautiful work on the Rancho scenery, I should send you my updated one with a PE flag instead of the Canadian waving leaf thingy.
On behalf of my compatriot Chris, offense taken.....take down that flag and I will hop in my dehavilland beaver and hunt your @sss down. ;)

You do not want to mess with the Beaver, plane or that wonderful flat tailed rodent.

I am however a man of compromise, such is the Canadian way I suppose...how about just adding the PE flagg?

There, everyone wins 8-)
Vincent Meier

Post by Vincent Meier »

stealthbob wrote:
Marcus Becker wrote:With absolutely no offense to Chris' beautiful work on the Rancho scenery, I should send you my updated one with a PE flag instead of the Canadian waving leaf thingy.
On behalf of my compatriot Chris, offense taken.....take down that flag and I will hop in my dehavilland beaver and hunt your @sss down. ;)

You do not want to mess with the Beaver, plane or that wonderful flat tailed rodent.

I am however a man of compromise, such is the Canadian way I suppose...how about just adding the PE flagg?

There, everyone wins 8-)
Don't forget to say you are sorry a few times too!!
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

Vincent Meier wrote:
stealthbob wrote:

There, everyone wins 8-)
Don't forget to say you are sorry a few times too!!
...ohh sorry about that I forgot to apologize before. :oops:
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Keith Smith wrote:I'd just disabled the lateral/vertical camera movement that's present in the 407 (based on acceleration) because it's super annoying when you're trying to tune a radio or transponder, this was a quick lap around the Ranch to test it out.
Where, oh where were you able to disable the camera movement? I've been searching for a while for a solution.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It's in one of the plugin menus (not the menu system which you reach from the panel, but the xplane plugin menu directly)
tshuff

Post by tshuff »

The plugin is call G-Force if I recall.
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

Marcus Becker wrote:Where, oh where were you able to disable the camera movement? I've been searching for a while for a solution.
Could the X-Plane option you are looking for be "Cinema Verite"?

See View/Toggle Cinema Verite.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=89301
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

wmburns wrote:Could the X-Plane option you are looking for be "Cinema Verite"?
No, the B407 has a similar custom movement when you fly about. I like the idea, but as Keith said, it makes tuning radios very difficult as you're trying to fly the aircraft.