Over Cajon Pass looking at the 5FWY going north to KLAS

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge

Over Cajon Pass looking at the 5FWY going north to KLAS

Postby fabriciofigueroa » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:20 pm

The photo was taken out of my 34" tv screen. I need to learn how to take photos while flying on the sim to get better photos. So I just took it with my iphone for starters.
I installed real satellite photo quality imagery add-on I purchased in FSXshop and I can actually see it like in real life flying. Great for VFR practicing around the bravo and all California. I also use REX real weather every time I fly in PEdge which gives me constant real weather matching along my route of flight.
Pilot Edge doesn't conflict with anything and for that I am thankful.
Attachments
IMG_3637.JPG
IMG_3637.JPG (22.15 KiB) Viewed 3526 times
fabriciofigueroa

Re: Over Cajon Pass looking at the 5FWY going north to KLAS

Postby Keith Smith » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:15 am

Fabricio,

There are screen capture utilities which'll let you take a screenshot directly on the PC with no loss of quality. As a starting point, the PRINT SCREEN button on the keyboard should take a screen grab in Windows and place it in your paste buffer (or ALT PRINT SCREEN to capture just the currently focused application, I use that one on a daily basis). You can then open up MSPAINT, paste it in and save it as a PNG.
Keith Smith

Postby fabriciofigueroa » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:28 am

Tx. I my next photos will be much better....
fabriciofigueroa

Postby Marcus Becker » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:31 am

I think on the FSX platform, simply press "V" and it takes your photo and saves it in your default windows photo folder.
Marcus Becker

Postby fabriciofigueroa » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:20 pm

Thanks guys.
I used the prtscr and got a kind of better photo this morning. It was taken going north looking east to La Habra Hills south the Rose Hills Cemetery at 1,500 (below the LAX Bravo)
I meant it to be a better picture but the prtscrn takes a snap shot of the view at the main screen. I have 3 tv screens on my sim layout and the main screen on my sim was set up to show a whole look of my PiperCub. But still shows the roads and the satelite image scenery (ad-on) coencides with any aerial photo. It looks much better at higher altitudes. I will post another one again on a clear day after the cold front passes, maybe tomorrow or afterwards. I will try using the V comand from FSX as well.
FYI, my Cub has a radio and and Mode C trasponder so I did not break any regulations. 8-)
Attachments
near la habra hills in fullerton.png
near la habra hills in fullerton.png (367.91 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
fabriciofigueroa

Return to Screenshots & Videos