Pilatus PC-12 (Carenado) John Wayne VFD Departure & Approach

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
jfsimon1981

Pilatus PC-12 (Carenado) John Wayne VFD Departure & Approach

Post by jfsimon1981 »

Here you go :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ2a_hW ... e=youtu.be

Spent some time & some fun doing it.
Hope you get some interest, feel free to let me have your comments back for the future works.

Jean-François
wmburns

Re: Pilatus PC-12 (Carenado) John Wayne VFD Departure & Appr

Post by wmburns »

I have to agree that the PC12 is a great plane. One of my favorites planes to fly.

The battery HOT indication comes from discharging the battery too quickly. The root cause is not fully following the start procedures.

IF ground power is NOT available, then it is necessary to turn off all non essential power during the engine start.

OR use external ground power.

Also remember to turn OFF the generators during engine start. Less load on the starter.
jfsimon1981

Re: Pilatus PC-12 (Carenado) John Wayne VFD Departure & Appr

Post by jfsimon1981 »

Ok, thanks,

Do you have idea about the reason for switching off electrical & generators before engine stop ?
Could'nt one just switch off the engine upon reaching the parking & continue with switching off all electrical just afterwards ?

At least we've a PA-28, we're usigne to do the radio message and all procedure, engine shut off at the end.

To be honest I'd like to change it some time, because doing things with engine on is always pushing me to do it quick & I don't feel good with this, reason why I do an after engine off check list on top of the a/c"s one.

Jean-François