KASE "Steady" Cam "TimeLaspe"

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
FSwind

KASE "Steady" Cam "TimeLaspe"

Post by FSwind »

I had a "steady" camera(Reason for the quotes was not as steady as I would like when I did the time compression, but will be fixed for next event) over the Aspen Airport so we could see all the arrivals and departures. Now I did get a little distracted by some CSL's (but they are just so pretty). As Kerbo mentioned in his video due to scenery differences some planes just disappear or just send a nice light through the ground (Kerbo's Post: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6511). Also by the looks of the first plane it seems that my scenery was off. Now when I compare it to the airport diagram, I could see thing were definitely off.

The video of mine was taken from a twitch live stream and compressed down. At the start you will see a whole bunch of charts go flying by, this is a preview where I talked about the weather at Aspen, what makes this airport challenging, and what approaches we would see at the ASE event. Then we just floated in our "virtual Blimp" and watched the arrivals and listened to the ATC. I decided it might be interesting to see everything sped up so the "steady" cam over Aspen is 32X real life, and the moving camera at 4X.

My Video: https://youtu.be/WNkq_MzdHsE

Notes for Future Events: The camera will not move I will keep the RTH setting locked in so we can see the planes from astronomically far distances away. And of course the camera will be more steady. Would be cool to partner up with Kerbo and see if we can get two different angles in a similar format (Kind of like what happened coincidentally here).
AND of course if you have something you would like to advise me on let me know. I will see what I can do for the next one.

Have a good one,
FlightSaitek
Kerbo

Re: KASE "Steady" Cam "TimeLaspe"

Post by Kerbo »

Very nice! The dusk/night lighting really makes for a neat ambiance.
Kerbo on YouTube or Twitch
armchair sim pilot
usual call sign: N1676L
Justin Lerner

Post by Justin Lerner »

Love it, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see future iterations of this.
HRutila

Post by HRutila »

A view from the approach control radar display is available here: https://vimeo.com/180689249
Harold Rutila
COMM-MEL/CFII
bbuckley

Post by bbuckley »

HRutila wrote:A view from the approach control radar display is available here: https://vimeo.com/180689249
Thanks for this Harold. I was wondering why I got the "go around execute published missed" on my first pass. Phenom N522PM.
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB