Testament to PE

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
AeroEng

Testament to PE

Post by AeroEng »

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the community, I just joined PE last week, and been loving every minute of the CAT program. Just a little information about myself, I got my PPL 8 years ago when I was in high school, went to college and didn't have money to fly so I had to put it on the back burner (priorities I know!) while I went to college. Now that I'm out of college, my job (Flight Test Engineer) has gotten me interested in flying again. Knowing ATC is one of the larger parts of general aviation, I decided to sign up for PE to sharpen my skills, and to give me the confidence to get a few instructional flights IRL and pursue my IFR.

Last night as I was performing the CAT-2, I was about 12 NM to the east of San Luis when I initially contacted the tower. at 10:15 pm EST. I called out San Luis tower, my callsign, my position, my intentions, and the weather id. I waited patiently for my clearance and instructions to land at the San Luis tower, i waited about 3 minutes and never heard anything back, so I again made another call, waited 3-5 minutes, still nothing. at this point as you can see my heart rate shot up as depicted on the attached image to 120 BPM (measured from my fitbit). I decided to do an orbit right outside the class D airspace to troubleshoot my mic. eventually I figured out the problem was the X-plane 11 client, after a quick restart I was successfully able to initiate 2-way contact with ATC and land at the San Luis Airport.

I just wanted to share my story to speak of the level of realizim the PE network supplies to the SIM. To me it's incredible that the sim can elevate my stress levels as much as it did! PE is a valuable tool for any sim or real life pilot that are looking to sharpen their skills and prepare for the unexpected!
Attachments
fitbit.png
fitbit.png (63.56 KiB) Viewed 8806 times
rtataryn

Re: Testament to PE

Post by rtataryn »

PE for cardio . . . hmmmm. I like it. Forget the stairmaster . . . just log on and start sweating. :-)
Rod
PPL, Instrument, ASEL, ASES
2013 Cirrus SR22T N877MS
2018 Icon A5 N509BA
1946 Piper J3 Cub N7121H
1942 Stearman N2S N6848
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

That's amazing.

Wife: "Get off the computer."

Hubby: "Honey, Is it not IMMEDIATELY APPARENT that I am working out right now?"

Wife: *face palm*
rtataryn

Post by rtataryn »

Keith Smith, certified personal fitness trainer.

High intensity "failure" workout available upon request - (or maybe even when not requested).
Rod
PPL, Instrument, ASEL, ASES
2013 Cirrus SR22T N877MS
2018 Icon A5 N509BA
1946 Piper J3 Cub N7121H
1942 Stearman N2S N6848
AeroEng

Post by AeroEng »

Hahaha, exactly!