Any Update on the New I-11?

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
Mark Hargrove

Any Update on the New I-11?

Post by Mark Hargrove »

The latest posting in the ratings description says:

NOTE: March 20, 2012: The new I-11 is in the works and will be published as soon as possible.

With the roughly 2 million things Kevin has to worry about, I realize that "as soon as possible" doesn't necessarily mean "soon", but I thought I'd ask anyway.... :-)

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Alex Stjepanovic

Re: Any Update on the New I-11?

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Mark Hargrove wrote:The latest posting in the ratings description says:

NOTE: March 20, 2012: The new I-11 is in the works and will be published as soon as possible.

With the roughly 2 million things Kevin has to worry about, I realize that "as soon as possible" doesn't necessarily mean "soon", but I thought I'd ask anyway.... :-)

-M.
After reading that, I have a minor feeling that you might wait for a it a little bit longer ;)
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Alex, I think it was me sending the message to you in telepathic way ..lol. I was going to ask about I-11 update a day ago.

Cheers, AJ
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I had to clear out a line of other projects first. They're just about done.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

[post edited to remove I-11 content, KS]
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

AJ, please don't post the contents of the I-10 or I-11 rating in public. That defeats the purpose of making them visible only to I-9 graduates.

You're right, the periods shouldn't be there in the routing, I'll edit those.

Regarding contacting ATC....you can review the airport communications frequencies to see if an approach/departure frequency is listed for the airport. If not, you can pull the frequency from an approach plate for the airport. If it doesn't have any approaches, you can pull the approach frequency for the nearest airport that does have approaches.

Keith
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Sorry, Keith, did not think about it :oops: and thank you.

Cheers, AJ
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Congratulations to Herb Price and Dan Everette...the first two pilots to complete the new I-11 last night!
Herbumus

Post by Herbumus »

Thanks Keith! Also, enjoyed reading the newsletter this morning. Appreciate the communication. I continue to enjoy my time on PilotEdge immensely. I am bummed out about this afternoon, however... I work every other weekend at the hospital and this is my weekend to work. I will be checking in on the afternoon festivities from work, look forward to a great turnout. Hopefully, one of the future fly-ins will land on my weekend off!
Ya'll have fun now...
Herb