I-07 question

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
Mark Hargrove

Re: I-07 question

Post by Mark Hargrove »

I still remember the terror inspired by those darn drones around Avalon airport -- when I flew the I-7 they were freaking everywhere. I was in a G1000 glass cockpit Cessna 182 with a TCAS -- I thought it was going to explode trying to warn me about all the traffic while I was on final to Rwy 22.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Hesynergy

Re: I-07 question

Post by Hesynergy »

Keith Smith wrote:Julio nailed it. While not technically required, we encourage the following via the 'instructor-only' notes on the rating:
Feel free to pull them off the airway to get them east or west of SXC then send them direct SXC for the approach. This should be done because it's awkward to fly the full approach if you arrive at SXC from the north, since they have to reverse course to join the SXC radial outbound to the north...
It's an imperfect process, though, and there will be times when controllers will either not be aware of this, or won't remember to do it. This is a good discussion, though. The awkward turn you have to make from V21 is the reason why this note exists :)
When I receive "cleared VOR DME approach, report RIGLI inbound" can I, using the above quoted logic, ASK for vectors further south?...am I on my own after clearance for the approach, to fly further south to an easier path to fly the approach as mentioned above?

Regards to all,

Chas