Will PE Offer ZLA J1 - J3 Equivalents?

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
SoCal_Pilot

Will PE Offer ZLA J1 - J3 Equivalents?

Post by SoCal_Pilot »

I just noticed that ZLA is rolling out "Commercial Pilot Certification". Is there a chance that we will see the same certifications offered on PilotEdge (and equivalency with the ZLA ratings)?

I really love flying on PE (and the reliability of always being able to talk to a controller). So, if PE would offer those certifications, it would be a more reliable way of getting them completed.

Thanks
Charath
-----------------------------------------------------
Charath Ram Ranganathan
CFII, AGI, IGI (Blog)
Azusa, CA
Keith Smith

Re: Will PE Offer ZLA J1 - J3 Equivalents?

Post by Keith Smith »

We will be offering jet training classes in the relatively near future, but no certifications.

That new ZLA J-x certs on VATSIM are not related to the original cert program (the one I ported over to PE). That is a separate initiative they recently took to focus explicitly on jet operations, which are far more common on VATSIM than prop operations.

The reason that the ZLA Pilot Cert system and PE Pilot Training program are currently linked is because they run out of the same back end. There's actually only one record per pilot and we simply flag whether it's a VATSIM pilot, PE pilot, or both. The system handles the rest. That's how a rating completed on one can be mirrored instantly to the other...it's because it's the same data being presented on both sites. That is not true of the new J-x system, which runs on its own infrastructure.
SoCal_Pilot

Re: Will PE Offer ZLA J1 - J3 Equivalents?

Post by SoCal_Pilot »

Thanks for the explanation Keith. No worries at all. I'm having enough fun flying on PE right now, although my work has come in the way of simming, of late.

Also, I'm planning on starting my (real-world) instrument rating soon. So, PE is going to be my friend for a looooong time to come :D
-----------------------------------------------------
Charath Ram Ranganathan
CFII, AGI, IGI (Blog)
Azusa, CA