V-03 Rating Workshop & Tutorial Flight Available on YT

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
Mark Hargrove

V-03 Rating Workshop & Tutorial Flight Available on YT

Post by Mark Hargrove »

A two-part video series that covers the V-03 rating flight in gory detail went up on YT today.

Part 1 Provides an in-depth overview of the Los Angeles Class Bravo airspace, review the 5 VFR transitions, and constructs a plan for executing a successful V-03 rating flight. That video is available at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJn6MwtIO_c

Part 2 is a cockpit video of an actual V-03 rating flight, using the Coastal Route transition northbound and includes a brief air tour of the ancestral home of the author in the San Fernando Valley, before blasting back sourthwards to run the dread gauntlet known as the mini-route southbound. Part two is available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTTC1l4CeOk

Part 2 can be watched standalone if you just want to see an actual example of the V-03 rating, but don't feel like you need the background information provided in part 1.

Please let me hear any feedback that occurs to you if watch either part.

Thanks,

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Robert

Re: V-03 Rating Workshop & Tutorial Flight Available on YT

Post by Robert »

Thank you Mark,

the Videos are gorgeous!

They will help me a lot and also encourage me to master the V03.

Although I already understand most of the US aviation rules and procedures (I am German) and the differences compared to the european airspace (which I am fairly familiar with), it is still hard for me to handle all that correctly.

I find it admirable to fly and talk so relaxed as you do.

Regards
Robert
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

Thanks Robert.

If you want to hear and see somebody flying and talking who REALLY knows his stuff, watch some of Keith's videos!

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
mikealphacharlie

Post by mikealphacharlie »

Mark

Thanks for doing such a fantastic piece of work with your V-03 tutorial videos. They have addressed pretty much all of the questions I had about this rating and I feel much more confident to give it a go now.

Regards
Steve
twharrell

Post by twharrell »

Mark,

Great, quality instructional video. It was a huge help before my V-03 rating.

Todd
Regards,

Todd
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Some great feedback here, nice to see! I will be adding these to the V-3 pages as soon as possible. Just juggling a bit over the next couple of days while traveling.
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

I just thought I'd look at Mark's videos for the V3. I thoroughly enjoyed watching them. The thing that did amuse me, however, was that Mark dutifully repeated every given altimeter setting throughout the flight, but never adjusted his altimeter!