New VFR program in the works

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
Keith Smith

New VFR program in the works

Post by Keith Smith »

The existing V1,V2 and V3 program was designed quite a while ago for a different audience than the core PilotEdge community. To that end, I'm going to develop a more comprehensive and properly staggered VFR program to really help solidify a lot of concepts which are skipped over in the current program.

The program will include non-towered operations, operations between various types of non-towered airports with and without flight following, etc.

This is something that is sorely needed for flight school operators so they can hit the ground running, but it also means that everyone else gets to benefit from the creation of this content. Stay tuned, we'll be working on this fairly quickly.
hoser70

Re: New VFR program in the works

Post by hoser70 »

Most generous kind sir...
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Are we there yet? :D No rush but I am excited about that new program. Thank you Keith, cheers, AJ
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Awesome, looking forward to it as well!
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

I have been dragging my feet starting the V1. The reason. The difficult time I have getting the snap views to to work while maintaining stable flight.

Will the new "V" series be much harder than the old? Should I stop dragging my feet?

My system is Win7 64 bit using FSX. The main plane that I fly is the PMDG JS41
Last edited by wmburns on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

wmburns, which simulator are you using?

The new ratings won't be harder, there will just be more of them and they'll cover a bunch of concepts that are missing in the current system. There won't be anything more complex than the V3, though.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

I'm just staring the current V series (completed V1 last night :)), should I wait for the new program?
mdolislager

Post by mdolislager »

I am considering the same thing Dustin. I completed V1 through I9 on VATSIM back in the day now, but I wanted to do it all again with PE since ATC is so much more realistic with PE.

What do you think Keith? Just wait? Obviously V1 is simple enough but do you know at which level it will change?

Marcos
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Marcos...if you're doing it over just for giggles, I would say go for it using the existing program. You can always do the new VFR program when it's released.

Dustin, same for you.