VFR TEST 3: I got a DOWN Today and I Deserved it...

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
Ryan B

Re: VFR TEST 3: I got a DOWN Today and I Deserved it...

Post by Ryan B »

Oh you lucky duck... I looked at that. Does it have good force feedback reproduction? I actually have the MS sidewinder FFB 2 edition but never liked the FFB in FSX. Is it worth plugging in to use with XP?

I would love to get the Saitek radio panels but again, no desk space
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
tngarner

Post by tngarner »

For freq items I assign keyboard keys to them and made small p-touch labels on them to remind me what is what. Example
[ = COM1 left of the dec down, Alt + [ = COm 1 down right of the Dec
] = COM1 left of the dec Up, Alt + ] = COm 1 up right of the Dec

I do the same with other keys for COM2, NAV1, NAV2, Altimeter, CDI, and HDG bug.

Seems to make it all work out.
Marietta, GA (KRYY)
PPL-ASEL
Talan2000

Post by Talan2000 »

Wow, so excited to hear of help for trim! I'll look at your link right away.

I was screaming at the screen many times trying to get that D##@ hand to click on the mode dial of the Aspen. It is very frustrating and contributes mightily to he heads down then DOWN aspect of Xplane! The Radio tuning is THE WORST for me. two thousand clicks to go throught decimal freqs. Great idea to use a key TN. Will look into it.

I am suffering mightily now though as I have a recurring phantom brake issue that locks me up on many landings.. I have FINALLY identified it as being PHANTOM Toe Brakes on my CH Eclipse. The calibration screen shows Toe Brakes even though the Z axis is assigned to RUDDER! Apparently the R or L brakes are randomly engaging (explains some of the anemic death defying takeoffs I get at random (leading to the huge V2 thread FYI as it scared me to make at turn after barely getting airborne (was 150-200 not 350 as I posted) due to locked brake on takeoff...

After rinkering with the calibration I took off tonight IFR and had a runaway Trim tab on takeoff -- Nearly died/stalled. recovered. Had to land on autopilot as the trim was set to zoom mto Up 9. For amusement look at my flight path from KRNM to KONT today...AP to 250 agl on final. AP off dive then yank yoke back to survive...sigh. Why did I pay $200 for an CH Eclipse whne the Xbxox 360 controller is more reliable?
Attachments
joystick 4.JPG
joystick 4.JPG (15.38 KiB) Viewed 2224 times