Thank you PE ATC

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
n65z

Thank you PE ATC

Post by n65z »

I want to thank the ATC that helped me pass my I3 exam this afternoon.

The start of the flight went perfectly fine. Even my VOR to VOR NAV skills are getting better (thanks to lurking other PE/twitch streams)...and I didn't have to rely on my GPS to do it.

However, as I was starting my final ILS descent into Burbank, I got a call from tower canceling my landing clearance. Rot ro scooby, I started to panic. Not knowing what I was supposed to do, I thought I was supposed hold my altitude until cleared to land again...wrong! Lol.

After googling, and some twitch chatter, I realized what I was supposed to do was continue my approach....I assume until minimums and hope I would get landing clearance by then...if not go missed.

Anyways, I was way to high once I got re-cleared, as a result I was told to enter left downwind for 15. Problem was, by that time I was in full panic mode and by the time I figured out which way the 15 was oriented, I was on a right downwind....oy! Told tower I was all turned around and he gave me vectors to circle and land back on original runway

Thank you again ATC for helping me land safely and still passing me!

Lessons learned....1) continue on descent until told otherwise, 2) have airport diagram on board in case of diversion, 3) breathe...!

Love the service, keep up the good work
Brian (n65z)
Brian Pollock (N65z)
V1-3, I1-11
FSEconomy: DaBrain
Http://www.Twitch.tv/n65z
Http://www.YouTube.com/temeculagoldxchange