Yippee passed the v3

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
j.mundie

Yippee passed the v3

Post by j.mundie »

Third time lucky!
Lord i made some mighty messes! I planned for the coastal route north, asked for the mini route north, then proceded to fly the horizontal portion of the coastal route with the vertical of the mini route. Sheesh, where did i leave my brain, sure i saw it somewhere..... Second time i just completely lost S.A. and busted the bravo. Third time lucky went almost flawlessly apart from having to do a 360 cos I was coming up on the bravo fast but hadnt reached my alt or recieved my clearance. I feel like the I ratings will be a breeze after that. I1? Just an ILS? Doddle. Flown hundreds of em :-) Absolutely dont feel i have a handle on the VFR though, but i suppose its like a driving or indeed flying licence - just means you have a rough idea and SHOULD be safe enough to go out and really learn how to do it. IFR? Phaw bairns game! :-)
Cheers
J.M
Kyle.Sanders

Re: Yippee passed the v3

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Congrats!
V3 was fun for me.

Though, be humble with the I ratings. I promise you are going to learn something you didn't know before. Real world pilots of many years go through them and come out a better pilot.

Further more, sim pilots are use to flying ILS with vectors to final. There is a difference flying the full approach.
Kyle Sanders
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Kyle.Sanders wrote:Further more, sim pilots are use to flying ILS with vectors to final. There is a difference flying the full approach.
Agreed. Flying the procedure turn entry and not getting way off course was a challenge. If you really want the difficulty cranked up, turn on a custom weather setting for IMC.

I was flying the I-10 in the dark but VFR and lost my bearings on the turn to base and augured in. There's not many gimmies in the ratings program for sure...
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Matthias Geiss

Post by Matthias Geiss »

Congrats!

I'm also looking forward to the V3 (and the other ratings, of course), especially as Englisch is only my first foreign language, let alone ATC-speak :D. I just wish I'd find the time for doing *any* flight on PE, although i subscribed several weeks ago. :|
j.mundie

Post by j.mundie »

Ok, just passed the I1, but that must have been the hardest, but most enjoyable ILS ive ever done :-)