V-01 not registered - request verbally with ATC required?

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
mraviator

V-01 not registered - request verbally with ATC required?

Post by mraviator »

I'm still in the trial phase and flew my first V-01 yesterday at KSNA. Well, I filed for it and mentioned in the remarks it's a V-01 attempt, but I failed to inform ATC verbally that it was an attempt. It looks like it was not registered as a V-01.

Is that the proper procedure, to inform ATC that this is an attempt? No worries, I don't mind doing V-01 again, just curious if I need to be more explicit about it (still getting used to it all).

Thanks
stevekirks

Re: V-01 not registered - request verbally with ATC required

Post by stevekirks »

mraviator wrote:I'm still in the trial phase and flew my first V-01 yesterday at KSNA. Well, I filed for it and mentioned in the remarks it's a V-01 attempt, but I failed to inform ATC verbally that it was an attempt. It looks like it was not registered as a V-01.

Is that the proper procedure, to inform ATC that this is an attempt? No worries, I don't mind doing V-01 again, just curious if I need to be more explicit about it (still getting used to it all).

Thanks
It's preferred that you inform ATC when calling for clearance/taxi that it's a ratings attempt. That allows them to mentally 'flag' your flight to watch and provide feedback as necessary.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

Hello,

The remark may or may not have been noticed, the best bet is to verbally request the rating,

It's also worth noting that the inputting of ratings is a manual process that's done normally 1-2 days after completion of the rating, so don't expect to see your name on the roster as soon as you complete the rating.
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net
Anthony Santanastaso

Post by Anthony Santanastaso »

mraviator wrote:I'm still in the trial phase and flew my first V-01 yesterday at KSNA. Well, I filed for it and mentioned in the remarks it's a V-01 attempt, but I failed to inform ATC verbally that it was an attempt. It looks like it was not registered as a V-01.

Thanks
What was your callsign? I had a new user fly the V1 out of SNA yesterday and I did submit the paperwork.
Anthony Santanastaso
PilotEdge ATCS
Private Pilot ASEL
Twitch broadcasts: Archived | Live
mraviator

Post by mraviator »

[quote="Anthony Santanastas”]

What was your callsign? I had a new user fly the V1 out of SNA yesterday and I did submit the paperwork.[/quote]

It was N523SC.

Either way it's no big deal as I'll happily fly it again if necessary. It was clearly an oversight on my part.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Please read this page: http://training.pilotedge.net/page/takingTests

It explains the correct process for taking all of the tests. There's some important information which will become valuable in later tests where you have to request specific approaches that you normally wouldn't be assigned.
mraviator

Post by mraviator »

I took the test again and was told at the end that I passed, but nothing is listed yet on the roster page under V1 after a few days.
Perhaps because I'm still in the trial phase?
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

Hello,

Normally results are listed on the roster page 1 business day after completion, you being in the trial phase doesn't prevent you from being on the roster.

Please fill out the form at http://training.pilotedge.net/page/feedback so that we have all the information we need to look into this, thanks.
Peter Grey
peter@pilotedge.net
JeffGott

Post by JeffGott »

Peter Grey wrote:Hello,

Normally results are listed on the roster page 1 business day after completion, you being in the trial phase doesn't prevent you from being on the roster.

Please fill out the form at http://training.pilotedge.net/page/feedback so that we have all the information we need to look into this, thanks.
I took the V-01 test on January 12th followed by the V-02 and V-03. I also took I-01 test on January 28th. I was told I passed on all 4. So far only the V-02 and V-03 tests have been posted. I've left 3 inquiry's on the feedback page with no response so far. Is there anything else I need to do? Should I just retake the tests?
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

Hello Jeff,

For some reason I missed your E-mail about it. I see it now and will take care of it.

Note that the roster page only shows the highest test you've completed so once I input the I-1 you won't show on the V-1 through V-3 pages.
Peter Grey
peter@pilotedge.net