[Proposed]VFR Madness - A V-Ratings Challenge

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
Peter Grey

Re: [Proposed]VFR Madness - A V-Ratings Challenge

Post by Peter Grey »

If you could keep a rough time log of each section complete, that would help to know if this is feasable -- example -- How long to complete the three laps of the pattern - start when you get the taxi instructions, end when you depart the pattern for Ontario

If I can be online and watch (real life permitting) I'll try to keep the log on my own.
Just noticed this request, I have a timer running in my video the entire time. I also call out some relevant times during the flight. Of course I'm in a fast aircraft so you'll have to adjust that down.

Also I see lots of references to jet aircraft. Jets aren't allows in the mini route, so if you want the mini route to be part of it you can't use jets.
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Peter Grey wrote:Also I see lots of references to jet aircraft. Jets aren't allows in the mini route, so if you want the mini route to be part of it you can't use jets.
References to jets removed from all messages, except to DQ them due to the Mini Route restriction. Only jet reference left is that airlines might want to fly in to KLAX during the event.

Also, if I can figure it out, I might work out a spreadsheet of available airline start locations and departure times, to create the airline inbound flow. For that part, would it be too much to have airline flights inbound to the four airports (KSNA, KONT, KLAX, KVNY) or should their focus be KLAX? I'm thinking airlines into LAX to give the bravo transition traffic plenty of eye candy during the flight.

Peter, can't wait to watch the video when I'm back home...
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Ben L

Post by Ben L »

Ok, completed the challenge just now. Followed all the constraints for the BE58 and posted a time of 1:18:00. Also was able to record split times for all but one segment (I forgot to hit my lap timer exiting KVNY so as a result both of my bravo transitions to and from KSNA are recorded as one time).

KSNA lap x 3 including taxi out: 13:46
KSNA-KONT: 12:32
KONT-KSNA: 11:44
KSNA (coastal-VNY-mini) KSNA: 39:57

http://peaware.pilotedge.net/flight.cfm?id=141098

Ben

EDIT: My own recorded time was 1:18:00. PEaware has 1:14. Not sure which we are using as the official.