Guide to San Diego airspace?

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
Turner

Guide to San Diego airspace?

Post by Turner »

Been looking at that as I used to live there, and am interested in doing some flights between there and Orange County (used to live there, too!)

San Diego airspace looks like a bit of a mess, too. Any help appreciated.
Keith Smith

Re: Guide to San Diego airspace?

Post by Keith Smith »

Take a few minutes to visualize the shelves of the Bravo, come up with a plan for how you'd like to fly it, then do just that.

I flew through there in February, including a flight from CRQ to MYF and basically rolled my own plan without any issues.
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

It seems as Kevin has already gotten this one **
Last edited by Kyle.Sanders on Fri May 27, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle Sanders
Turner

Post by Turner »

Keith Smith wrote:Take a few minutes to visualize the shelves of the Bravo, come up with a plan for how you'd like to fly it, then do just that.

I flew through there in February, including a flight from CRQ to MYF and basically rolled my own plan without any issues.
Thanks - got it.

Saw some stuff I haven't seen or noticed before, like dual ceiling/floor values (e.g. Torrey PInes, 32/18 & 100/68). The FLY chart makes this a lot easier...

Just visualizing the airports/airspace nearest my home(s) - John Wayne was one, and Montgomery Field was the other; I can see why everyone out of MYF flew toward the coast when flying North... I also see that I lived inside the Miramar airspace (right next to the Miramar Reservoir).

Mostly I'm looking at the flyways west of MYF, which look like they all just melted together.
Turner

Post by Turner »

Kyle.Sanders wrote:Maybe you could give us an example of exactly what you are not understanding about it...?
Hey Kyle -

Thanks for the note.

Actually, looking a the L-4 and FLY charts cleared things up pretty well.
Turner

Post by Turner »

lol

Though, coincidentally, near MYF, I did live across the street from someone named Kevin.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Kyle.Sanders wrote:Kevin
Keith Smith wrote:Kevin
Turner wrote:Kevin
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Justin Lerner

Post by Justin Lerner »

^ Let me guess, you were name searching and found this thread. :lol: