Requiring Clearance from controller to take V1 test

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
jwilson0514

Requiring Clearance from controller to take V1 test

Post by jwilson0514 »

Hey guys! Ok so i wanted to make sure im doing this right and ive researched every possible avenue and directions and have read the taking the test requirements. Im not sure if its me or my PC. When i spawn in at KSNA i request radio check, controller responds with loud and clear or five by five. Ok, so then, i proceed to make the call to john wayne ground " P18WB ready to taxi to active for V1 test" i get no response. Is that because i have to contact tower and ask or do i have to contact clearance delivery? It stated in the directions for taking the test to let the controller know verbally. I am i doing this right? So then my suspicion was oh crap its my mic or PC not transmitting. However, my pilot edge tool bar app disappeared and dont know if im transmitting or not. Thanks any help will be appreciated.
jwilson0514

Re: Requiring Clearance from controller to take V1 test

Post by jwilson0514 »

Never mind figured it out lol! one of the options was checked for putting the transponder on stand by in the options menu. It was by default though which was weird cause i never checked that box.