Train on network

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
Anders S

Train on network

Post by Anders S »

Hello.
I recently passed the V-02 rating and going to study at V-03 now watching alot of videos.
My question is would it be fine to train on the same flight and if I do something wrong obviously atc will tell me and I may improve next time.

And I have to now learned so much at pilot edge I didn't know about before so thanks for the network :-)
Keith Smith

Re: Train on network

Post by Keith Smith »

Yes, practice online os a good idea. In fact, there are many cases where offline practice will not provide the required tasks or challenges associated with the flight when executed with atc.
Anders S

Post by Anders S »

Only 1 thing I'm unsure now regards the V3 rating.
After doing the mini route and in contact with Hawthorne for landing in Torrance. Would atc tell me to switch to Torrance tower or not? Was something in the video. Have watched all 2 videos on v3 rating.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Depends on whether they know your intentions. If you've informed HHR that you're landing at TOA, they may give you an early frequency change. Otherwise, if you're getting close to the TOA Delta and haven't received a freq change, feel free to request it.

Try not to become too wedded to a single outcome. What happens on a given day may change when you do the flight another day. Be prepared to handle it either way.