Randomisation of the Ratings

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
Keith Smith

Re: Randomisation of the Ratings

Post by Keith Smith »

Jiva, I think it's a great idea and have suggested the same to people in the past. Some people are happy to do it, but others want to proceed with all the ratings, THEN start doing their own thing. It really depends on the level of mastery you feel you have of the material that's presented. If the concept feels 100% sound, there may be little to gain by repeating it. However, if you complete a rating but feel as though repeating it with your own version of the fields would help cement the ideas, then that is absolutely a great time to do it. I think you're on the right track.
jiva602

Post by jiva602 »

Keith Smith wrote:If the concept feels 100% sound, there may be little to gain by repeating it. However, if you complete a rating but feel as though repeating it with your own version of the fields would help cement the ideas, then that is absolutely a great time to do it. I think you're on the right track.
Not sure exactly what about Bravo airspace and the particular CAT 10-11 that has stopped me in my tracks but it's OK. I will review it in the AIM, watch the workshops again, and in the meantime get more solid with Delta and Charlie airspace by flying my own "JCAT" ratings :D

Thanks
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If it helps, think of the Bravo as a Charlie that requires an explicit clearance instead of simply establishing two way communications. Otherwise, if you can share what's troubling you about the Bravo and/or the published routes, fire away. We''ll have cockpit videos for those pretty soon, too.
jiva602

Post by jiva602 »

8-)
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11