Ratings not published

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
marvinlbrooksjr

Ratings not published

Post by marvinlbrooksjr »

Hello All and to whom this may concern

My name is Marvin Brooks and of course I am a pilot edge pilot and have flown the V1, V2, V3 ratings. As I read CAT program replaced the V ratings does this mean we have to start over from the beginning due to the V ratings were taken down?

Thank You

Marvin Brooks
jiva602

Re: Ratings not published

Post by jiva602 »

Hello Marvin,

I am pretty new to PE and have just completed the CAT ratings. I found them extraordinarily useful on a variety of levels and encourage you to take advantage of them as well. My understanding is that these CAT ratings are designed to address different VFR scenarios and offer more variety than the V ratings. We don't "have" to do any of them, but they are interesting, helpful, and can be challenging.

Enjoy :)
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The V-ratings used to be a prerequisite for the I-ratings. The V-ratings are no longer available on the site and have been replaced by the CAT ratings.

However, the CAT ratings are NOT a prerequisite for the I-ratings. So, you whether you have completed the V-ratings or not, you can pursue the I-ratings at your discretion.
marvinlbrooksjr

Hello again Kieth,

I stand corrected, I did complete a few of the I ratings before, but no longer see my progress of completed ratings, I did those about 7 months back I believe.

Marvin Brooks
marvinlbrooksjr

jiva602 wrote:Hello Marvin,

I am pretty new to PE and have just completed the CAT ratings. I found them extraordinarily useful on a variety of levels and encourage you to take advantage of them as well. My understanding is that these CAT ratings are designed to address different VFR scenarios and offer more variety than the V ratings. We don't "have" to do any of them, but they are interesting, helpful, and can be challenging.

Thanks I've been flying on PE for little over a year, I did know that I completed I ratings in the past was asking Keith about them because I no longer see my completed ratings I did.

Thank you for your concern my friend

Happy flying and see you online when that happens

Marvin
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Marvin,

You have completed up to the I-5. You are on the I-5 roster as one would expect :) The I-rating are published differently, we only show the highest rating you've achieved. The new rosters on the new web site will work like the CAT rosters in that they'll show every pilot who has completed a given rating, rather than just their highest rating.

Keith
marvinlbrooksjr

Keith Smith wrote:Marvin,

You have completed up to the I-5. You are on the I-5 roster as one would expect :) The I-rating are published differently, we only show the highest rating you've achieved. The new rosters on the new web site will work like the CAT rosters in that they'll show every pilot who has completed a given rating, rather than just their highest rating.

Keith
:lol: I feel special I don't know why I thought it showed on all the ones you complete. Sorry about that Keith and thank you very much Sir for the help.

Marvin
jiva602

Post by jiva602 »

marvinlbrooksjr wrote:
jiva602 wrote:Hello Marvin,

Thanks I've been flying on PE for little over a year, I did know that I completed I ratings in the past was asking Keith about them because I no longer see my completed ratings I did.

Thank you for your concern my friend

Happy flying and see you online when that happens

Marvin
Sure thing, I figured you had a lot more experience than me but I like raving about the ratings any chance I get :)

Take care, Jiva
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11