I-Ratings Question

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
Mortified666

I-Ratings Question

Post by Mortified666 »

So I have recently returned to the Pilotedge service after an extended break of over a year. In my previous go at PE, I had completed the now obsolete V ratings and up to my I8 or I9.

Since returning, I am finding that I am very rusty in a lot of area's and have been enjoying the CAT ratings to help me find my wings again.

My question is, If I wish to redo the I-Rating tests as part of a Video series and to also help me with some of the IFR procedures. Do I need to have my ratings reset or can I just jump onto the service and request to redo my ratings?
Keith Smith

Re: I-Ratings Question

Post by Keith Smith »

Welcome back. You can re-do the ratings, they're just point to point flights after all. If you're redoing a rating that you've already flown, then don't ask the controller to grade it (since you've already passed them).

If you want your I-ratings specifically deleted, let me know and I'll clean them out and you can officially do them again if you wish.
Mortified666

Re: I-Ratings Question

Post by Mortified666 »

Hey Keith

Thanks for the reply. I think for my sake, I would like the ratings deleted. That way I can have them officially rated by the controllers and know for certain that I am doing them correctly.

It would also help in the validity of the video's series I am doing recording my PE training.

Cheers