119.6 socal freq where in the vfr chart?

falopz

119.6 socal freq where in the vfr chart?

Post by falopz »

i really cant find in any chart socal 119.6 near pallomar, can ayone help to locate it?

luis
Anthony Santanastaso

Re: 119.6 socal freq where in the vfr chart?

Post by Anthony Santanastaso »

Hi Luis,

You probably won't find the 119.6 frequency directly associated with CRQ because the individualized approach sector for that airport is the Del Mar Sector 127.3. The real world ATC system is comprised of many smaller sectors of airspace should the need ever arise to have to separate and segregate controller responsibilities. What you will notice is that when a particular area is not busy, like for example during a midnight shift, various scopes (sectors) are combined into one inherited scope that a single controller may be able to efficiently work. Essentially, that is what we have done here on PilotEdge. By issuing you the West Sector frequency (119.6), we are combining two scopes/sectors into one which also gives you the added benefit of hearing other aircraft that are flying in the same region of airspace.
Anthony Santanastaso
PilotEdge ATCS
Private Pilot ASEL
Twitch broadcasts: Archived | Live
falopz

Post by falopz »

anthony ill say this because, im new here, i dont know socal well and i will like to prepare in advance the frecuencies ill deal in the flight, and sometimes the ones asigned, i dont find them in the low enroutes and in the vfr, and sometimes the controller says change with socal and dont tell the frecuencies so i get lost, wich of the many ones around is.....

controllers should say the frecuency? i guess yes,,,,but sometimes they dont....

the whole thing is,il like to prepare in advcance and sometimes is not easy....

thanks luis
Anthony Santanastaso

Post by Anthony Santanastaso »

falopz wrote:anthony ill say this because, im new here, i dont know socal well and i will like to prepare in advance the frecuencies ill deal in the flight, and sometimes the ones asigned, i dont find them in the low enroutes and in the vfr, and sometimes the controller says change with socal and dont tell the frecuencies so i get lost, wich of the many ones around is.....

controllers should say the frecuency? i guess yes,,,,but sometimes they dont....

the whole thing is,il like to prepare in advcance and sometimes is not easy....

thanks luis
The controller will always tell you which frequency to contact; however, if you're referring to when the Tower controller tells you to "Contact departure" after you take-off, then you should switch to the departure frequency that was issued to you during clearance. It may not be reiterated to you on departure because you should have obtained it earlier, before asking to taxi.
Anthony Santanastaso
PilotEdge ATCS
Private Pilot ASEL
Twitch broadcasts: Archived | Live
falopz

Post by falopz »

sometimes is in the fly itself, not after tower to departure, i think maybe its because excesive workload i assume..

thaks for answering

luis
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

if a controller tells you to 'contact departure' and you have not been given a frequency to expect, then something has gone wrong.

Lastly, you cannot expect to know all the frequencies you will receive while enroute during a given flight. I did a 200nm r/w IFR flight from N07 to KHEF yesterday. The only frequency I knew for sure was the first approach frequency. After that, they just handed me from facility to facility.
falopz

Post by falopz »

yes sometimes they dont give the frecuency,,,,maybe they assume were frequent in the area, so we know them by default....

luis
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Negative, the only you should hear "contact Socal departure" without a frequency is if the clearance delivery controller provided you with a departure frequency. If it is happening otherwise, please let us know.