feedback for next event

Kim Ellis

Re: feedback for next event

Post by Kim Ellis »

My two cents worth: The format and the time of day, is not what is so important to me. I will be there no matter what, life's curved balls permiting. These events are just too good to miss. What I really get a kick out of is traffic, and more traffic. Oh, did I mention traffic. I know the controllers are good enough to handle basically anything that is thrown at them. The same cannot be said for us pilots. As a heavy pilot, I love it when all my detailed planning for the arrival and the approach are thrown into utter confusion as the controller copes with mega GA and heavy streams merging, and streams from different directions/origins merging. I love seeing the traffic out the window. I love receiving speed restrictions for sequencing. Oh, did I mention traffic :)
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Kim Ellis wrote:As a heavy pilot,
That'll be all those barbequed 'roos y'all eat. :lol:
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

Cyrus wrote:
Kim Ellis wrote:As a heavy pilot,
That'll be all those barbequed 'roos y'all eat. :lol:
Mate, with your sense of humour, you could almost pass as an Aussie. Roo is extremely healthy, no fat. We love it, especially on the BBQ. Oh, did I mention traffic.
theluckyone17

Post by theluckyone17 »

Kim Ellis wrote:*snip*As a heavy pilot, I love it when all my detailed planning for the arrival and the approach are thrown into utter confusion as the controller copes with mega GA and heavy streams merging *snip*
I am so going to oblige you when the next event comes around that I can make. Time to fire up that Piper Tomahawk and go for a leisurely "Sunday" flight... ;)
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

theluckyone17 wrote:I am so going to oblige you when the next event comes around that I can make. Time to fire up that Piper Tomahawk and go for a leisurely "Sunday" flight... ;)
I am salivating already. One other thing I thought of is how hopeless we are on PE with movements in the terminal area and taxiing in general. We mow the grass, we speed, we take shortcuts, etc. And we rarely park where we say we are going to. Would be nice one day for an event to have a terminal area controller at the trafficked destination, who jumped on everyone who failed TA 101. I know I get a buzz squeezing my 744 past other traffic at a nearly full terminal.
HRutila

Post by HRutila »

Kim Ellis wrote:
theluckyone17 wrote:I am so going to oblige you when the next event comes around that I can make. Time to fire up that Piper Tomahawk and go for a leisurely "Sunday" flight... ;)
Would be nice one day for an event to have a terminal area controller at the trafficked destination, who jumped on everyone who failed TA 101.
That's me on Ground during normal ops. ;)
Harold Rutila
COMM-MEL/CFII